2

Trigger Warning: Death, car crashes

Liked by TommyInnIt and 1,058 moreLunarEclipse - schools shit, get me out of here

LunarEclipse - schools shit, get me out of here.
View all 589 comments
TommyInnit - must suck going to HIGHSCHOOL
LunarEclipse - you suck
TommyInnit - you're partly American

TubboLive - Just cone home, problem solved
LunarEclipse- wish I could Toob <3
TubboLive - <3
•••
Right as Anissa is walking out of school she hears the sound of a discord call waiting to be answered. She pulls her phone out of her pocket as she gets into her car.

Incoming call from TommyInnit
Accept or decline

"Hey Tom-" Anissa starts off before getting interrupted.

"ANISSA!" Tommy yells as Anissa turns her car on, connecting the call to the Bluetooth. "You in a car?" He asks.

"Yeah I am, I just got out of school so I'm heading home."

"Damn, I didn't realize how different our time zones are."

"I'm five hours ahead of you I think. So it's like seven there right?"

"Right you are," Tommy says.

"Anyways, were you calling for a reason or..."

"Mostly just wanted to say hi. Are you planning on streaming today?"

Anissa thinks for a moment, "I don't think so. I'm going to go back to my school stream schedules which is Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday."

"Alright," Tommy says, "You just wanna talk for a while or something."

"Sure- FUCKING ASSHOLE," Anissa yells slamming the car horn.

"Um- Anissa you okay?"

"Yeah sorry about that, some idiot just cut me off and I almost crashed." The girl takes breaths as she pulls into the parking areas of her apartment complex. She turns the car off and grabs her things and walks up to her and her fathers shared apartment. It's small but it works for just the two of them.

"You still there?" Tommy asks.

"Mhm, sorry I just got home and was getting my stuff inside."

The two teenagers conversation lasts for hours from that point on. They talk about everything from favorite foods to future stream plans. Tommy finally starts to drop his online personality a bit with her. Anissa starts to pick up on this and smiles when she realizes he's becoming comfortable with her. She decides that if he's going to open up a bit it can't hurt for her to do the same. She's always been a closed off person but when her mom died it got even worse. Eventually the subject of her mom comes up in conversation. Tommy doesn't press her to talk but Anissa decides that he deserves to know.

"It happened when I was 13 so three years go," she starts off carefully. "It was a car crash. She was coming home from a trip she and my dad went on. He was driving and they got hit by a truck on her side. My dad ended up only ended up with a concussion. The doctors said she died almost on impact and wouldn't have felt much pain. But I was meant to be in that car with them. They wanted to take a day trip as a family but I was annoyed and didn't end up going. The last time I saw her we were fighting and she'll never know how much I love her."

The call sits silent for a moment before Tommy speaks, "I'm sure she knew that you loved her."

"I guess. About six months after that is when I moved to New York, not the city the state. I'm not that cool. Toby is the one who got me through those six months. We met when we were little, we were in the same class. From then on we just become really good friends and when my mom died he helped me a lot with dealing with my grief."

"I'm glad you had him."

"Yeah I miss him loads and really want to go to Europe and see him, and meet you."

"Meeting you would be so cool," Tommy says laughing a bit. Anissa laughs too.

"A pogchamp moment," she says cracking a smile.

"Definitely."

"Thank you Tommy," Anissa says quietly.

"For what?"

"Just letting me talk, and you know being my friend even though I just met you yesterday."

"Well in that case thank you for being my friend. Most people just find me annoying."

"You are annoying," Anissa says, obviously joking. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding."

"You're American."

"Is that really the only insult you have? Plus I'm not even fully america!" The conversation suddenly switches from being sad to the pair throwing insults back and forth at each other. To soon it's time for Tommy to head to sleep. They say goodnight to each other, promising to talk the next day. Then they hang up.

Anissa lays on her bed, eyes open searching for shapes and patterns in the ceiling. She never ends up falling asleep, instead just laying in the dark. She watches the sun come up, remembering how her mom preferred sunrises to sunsets. She would always tell Anissa that sunrises show the beginning of something rather than the end.

Perhaps this sunrise will be the beginning of something new now.