4

At first glance looking out the window it would look like it was still night. When it actuality the sun should be rising in the sky and waking up the world with its light. Instead, clouds cover the sun and rain is falling in thick droplets. When Anissa had woken up the first thing she had noticed is that Tommy hadn't hung up the call from the night before despite him obviously being awake. She can't see much but she's guessing Tommy's phone is on a table and he's busy. She sets her phone down next to her bed and gets ready for the day.

She pulls on a black shirt and a pair of shorts and grabs a thin jacket. She quickly brushes her hair and puts on a hat that's she knows she's going to get in trouble for wearing as soon as she steps into the school. Anissa then puts on a bit of makeup, mostly just eyeliner. Grabbing her phone, she heads to the kitchen where her dad is very concentrated on flipping pancakes. She muted herself on the call.

"Good morning dad," she says coming up behind him, resting her chin on his shoulder. Before her mother's death she was never very close with her dad. Now they both realize they only have eachother and that not everyday is promised. This realization caused them to become closer than ever.

Anissa glances down at her phone to see Tommy holding the phone very close to his face, staring. Covering her mouth so she doesn't laugh she quickly exits the kitchen and unmutes.

"Good morning stalker," she says. "You're a little close don't you think?"

Tommy shakes his head quickly, "I'm like 4,000 miles away I could be closer. But good morning, school today?"

"Of course," Anissa says rolling her eyes, "it's been two days and I already am sick of it. With Covid and everything I am seriously considering going to online school. I've got my gaming setup that I could do work on."

"That's not a bad idea," Tommy says only to be interrupted by Anissa dad asking who she's talking to. She responds by letting him know Tommy is a "streamer friend."

"Sorry about that," she says, quieter now. "Do you have anything going on today?"

"Not at all," Tommy says. "Why do you ask?"

"How would you feel about staying on FaceTime through out school?"

Tommy agreed to Anissa's request and a few hours later he's still on the phone with her. By that time Tommy had started to notice that Anissa kept mostly to herself. Her lunch hour was spent outside talking to Tommy. Not once during the day did she talk to anyone directly, besides when she was partnered with someone in a class. When that happened she looked very panicked and barley spoke above a whisper.

The Anissa Tommy knows is very different that the Anissa she shows at school. This Anissa is introverted and cold to the people around her. The Anissa he knows is funny and caring. He makes a note to ask her once she's done with school to make sure she's okay.

For Anissa's last period of the day she doesn't have a class so she lets Tommy know she's going to her schools music room. When she gets there she says hi to the teacher and her whole demeanor changes. Tommy notices she looks more relaxed as she sets her phone down in a room and leaves. She comes back with what looks like a guitar case. She sets it down and pulls out an electrical guitar.

"Aye, I didn't know you played guitar," Tommy says excitedly. Anissa laughs a bit before answering.

"No one really does, it's kind of a secret."

"Why don't you want anyone to know?"

"I'm not sure honestly, it's that that I'm like, oh my god don't tell people, it's just never been brought up." Anissa says this all while plunging in the guitar and making sure it's in tune. Thens she starts to strum a few chords of a made up song. Tommy rests his head on the palm of his hand while sitting at his desk. He watches the girl play for a while. He sighs in contentment. Who knew a girl who he had known for only a few days could make him feel this way?

tOmMy took a screenshot