Star-struck

You wished it was snowing. December was known for snow and cold weather, right? So why was there a sudden heatwave??? You were sweating as you sat on the couch. The sad fan in the corner of the room turning from side to side did little to help cool you down.

Sure, you could move to the bedroom where it was cooler, but the TV was in the living room so you were obligated to stay in one place. The room was a bit of a mess, but not on your part. Turns out, Jungkook was obsessed with the holidays, and hey, it wasn't like you were complaining.

The past two days had been nice. Jungkook, though tired and exhausted from work, had set aside time to do little activities with you as it counted down to Christmas. The first day had been baking Christmas cookies and gingerbread (definitely your favorite so far). The next had been buying a horrendous amount of decorations, the boxes of which were now strewn across the floor.

The loud slam of the door had you looking up from your show. You saw his bunny ears before his face as he poked his head around the corner.

"Y/N!" He shouted happily, dropping his briefcase and jumping on you.

You fell backward with an oomph as he began to rub his nose over your neck. He laughed softly when you reached up and tickled his bunny ears. His warm breath fanned across your neck.

"You're home so early!" You squeaked, glancing outside to see that the sun hadn't even set yet.

"I know, I took the rest of the day off so I can decorate with you, which I can see you made a lot of progress on today." He teased.

"It's hot!" You protested. "And I'm sweaty," You ran your fingers through his hair. "You're sweaty too!"

"Fineeee. I'll take a shower and then we'll decorate, yeah?" He groaned, pushing himself up onto his elbows. He smiled, displaying his bunny teeth, and booped your nose. Then he rolled off and left to go shower.

He was only gone a five minutes before he was back, already hyper with excitement. His cheeks had a rosy blush and he had changed into a red plaid shirt and black skinny jeans.

"I'm back!" He sang, rounding the corner to see you hanging up fairy lights.

"It's cooler now, so I decided to start decorating. Sorry." You smiled a little and his eyes lit up. He bounded over to you and bent over, picking up the other end of the string.

"Don't be sorry, I think it's cute!" Jungkook reassured before playfully swirling the fairy lights around your head, painting you in an ethereal glow.

"Kookie!" You whined, pulling the crown of lights from your head and artfully placing them on the mantle.

You then moved to the box on the coffee table and picked out two items.

"I need your help." You announced after scrutinizing the items. His ears perked up at that.

"What do you need help with?" He was by your side in a second.

"A star...or an angel?" You held up the white as snow angel and the gold-tinted star.

"hmmm." He crossed his arms and pondered this, eyes flicking from the items to the top of the tree in the corner. "The star." He answered softly, in such a way that you looked quizzically at him.

"Why?"

He had a look on his face that only appeared when he was in deep thought. The lilt of his voice was pitched in a way that only he could pull off. The voice of a philosopher who has just answered a difficult question.

"Because," He plucked the star from your hands and moved to the tree. "I'm completely awed by you...star-struck, if you will."

"Why?" You repeated, feeling small under his intense gaze. You were just...you. Plain old you. There wasn't much to be enamored by.

"Because, you're my one and only human, Y/N. You're it for me." He turned and placed the star on top of the tree. "I love you."

Your breath hitched and you took a moment to let his words sink in. Then, you took a few long strides and held his face in your hands.

"I love you, too." You whispered and pressed a kiss to his lips.

His arms moved to your waist and he was soft with your lips. It was a dance of grace and balance, not too rough. The first kiss of innocence and blushing smiles. It was safe to say, Jungkook was not the only one star-struck.