XLVIII

5K views? In this economy??

---

Myra could feel herself become lighter. She no longer had to look to her friends, look to her books, to stay rooted. She could laugh without the pain of her past. She could laugh without remembering her loss. She could laugh without the reminder of what she had become, what she had given, what had been taken away.

Myra could smile her brightest smile.

She no longer looked down at the floor. She looked up to the glimmering stars. She saw the hope it gave her. She could see the light. After years in the darkness, after years of suffering, after years of pain, she could finally believe that things would be okay, that she no longer had to fear what the world would throw at her. She would batter them away without half a glance. She would stand strong against what they shove at her. She will not crumble.

Her nightmares were nothing now. Yes, they tormented her, they pained her, they made her wonder if reality was truly what she was living. But she always had just the smallest bit of hope in her. She no longer believed her nightmares were forever. For now, now she knew that all nightmares ended. All pain would end. All suffering would end. All she had to do was wait and hope.

And Myra knew that it was because of Remus. She knew that his efforts to make her happier had not gone to waste. She knew that he made her feel loved. He made sure to make her believe that she wasn't alone, that if she lost all hope, she could always rely on him. She knew that he could smile better because she was smiling easier.

And she would forever be thankful. She loved him. Too much for words to encompass. Just the word 'love' didn't seem to convey how she felt about him. The way she felt was too grand to even describe. If she did, she feared that it would ruin the grandness of what she felt.

And her love for Remus drove her on. It made her want to go one. It made her love her friends more, made her love life more, made her love what the world had to offer.

She was starting to become just a little bit happier.

She was moving on.

Finally.

∞-∞-∞

Myra's suspicions about Peter were stacking up. About two weeks ago, she started realizing all sorts of things that were happening around her. First off, when they were supposed to be studying in the library and he 'went to get some water' which took him more than ten minutes. That was the time Snape had come up to her and asked her about feeling any need to protect people. She also noticed that sometimes during meals, he would get up from the table, saying that he needed to go to the bathroom. Not even a minute after, someone from the Slytherin table, usually Snape, would get up after.

Peter started to disappear from the Marauders. He started spending less and less time with them. Instead, as if to make up for that time, he would hang around with Myra and her friends. He started asking questions that they weren't close enough for her to answer. Questions like 'How did you feel when you found out you were a Potter?' or 'What did you feel when you and Remus got into that fight?'

Myra was starting to feel uneasy around him, which made her feel horrible. When she was with the other boys, she would always stand just the slightest bit closer to any one of them, just to get away from Peter. It made her paranoid. The way Peter would always glance to the Slytherin table, his mysterious disappearances, the way none of the boys seemed to even care much about it.