Chapter One - Valerie

A few knocks on the door distracted me from my movie 'She's The Man', I glared at the door wondering who could it be trying to ruin my movie night. I turned my attention back to the tv screen and hoped that whoever was the door would assume no one is home and go.

That hope lasted only 30 seconds before the person knocked again but this time more harder.

"Damn Vallie just get the damn door, would ya?"

I rolled my eyes at the sound of my brother, why didn't he just open it himself? This movie was more important than his stupid Call of Duty game.

As soon as I opened the door my best friend Zoey rushed in and plopped herself down in my spot on the lounge while going off at me for taking forever to open the door. She placed a box beside her and glanced at the area around her in disgust, "I still don't understand how you can stand to eat this stuff." She picked up the snacks around her and placed it on the table then she saw what was on the tv.

"This movie?" She crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes at me, "you left me waiting at the door to watch something you've seen too many times to count."

I just shrugged and made my way to sit beside her so I could check out the box she bought. "What's this?"

Her eyes lit up and her frown turned into a smile when she remembered her reasoning for coming here. "This is an ouija board and we are going to play it."

After hearing what this box was I pushed it away from me, trying to create some distance from it. "No, not happening." My heart started to beat painfully fast against my chest as I thought of all the things that come along with this game. Why would she suggest such a thing? Why would anyone want to mess with something as dangerous as this?

"Hello Sunshine," we both turned towards the hallway that Danny, my brother's friend walked out of along with Viktor. He made his way over to Zoey and picked up the box, "now this looks like some fun maybe I could join you guys, you know just in case you get scared and want to hold my hand."

Zoey scoffed and snatched the box out of Danny's hands, "no thanks we're good."

My brother Viktor and I watched them in amusement but he nudged my shoulder taking my attention away from them, "I know you hate this type of thing Vallie just say the word and I'll get them both out of here." Although that was a tempting offer that I was grateful for, I decided that I was going to suck it up and just do it. There was a lot of theories based around this board and I usually would rather be safe than sorry but for once I won't.

"Oh, I invited Zack and Caroline over as well so let's go," Zoey said as soon as we heard a knock on the door. Butterflies swarmed my stomach at the mention of Zack who is Danny's younger brother and my longtime crush who happens to like me back.

"Hold up, we are coming and we'll take my car," Danny pointed his finger to himself then at my brother the proceeded to grab his things ignoring Zoey's protest to him comin

We all walked outside and greeted Caroline and Zack, who grabbed my hand to keep me back as the others made their way to Danny's 7 seater car.

"Hey Val, are you sure about this?" A smile made its way on my face and I assured Zack that I was okay and could do this. "That's my girl," he whispered before he placed a kiss on my forehead. We weren't exactly official girlfriend and boyfriend seeing as I didn't want to go behind my parents back. They wanted to me to wait till I graduated before I started dating which was fine with me till Zack confessed to me how he felt. I was scared that he was going to lose interest if he had to wait but he was also fine with waiting and as soon as we graduated he took me out on a date. 

Our moment was ruined when Danny decided to yell out, "Oi! Vallie, I still don't understand what you see in him especially when he has a face as ugly as that but can we go already? Plan your wedding another time."

Zack flipped his brother off and as soon as we got in the van, we were off to the cemetery. I couldn't help but feel like something bad was going to happen. This was a bad idea. I should of just put my foot down about this.

As we came to a stop in front of the cemetery, Caroline who was sitting beside me gripped my hand tightly and mumbled, "maybe this isn't wasn't a good idea." She took a deep breath in and smiled at me before nodding to herself as she exited the car, "what's the worst that could happen?"

I just watch her calm herself down as I think about all the things that could happen.