Chapter Three - Valerie

"Is this a fucking joke?" Zack yelled out at Danny, the planchette moved and we all saw it. He wasn't smiling as he stared at the board ignoring Zack's outburst. I squeezed Zack's hand and he squeezed back but kept his gaze on his brother.

"Danny, I swear t-"

Danny cut Viktor off and glared at him, denying it was him and seemed a little offended that we blamed him. My brother then turned to Zoey who quickly shook her head.

"Did any of you do it?" Caroline squeaked out and we all mumbled out a no to her question. She looked as if she was about to get up and run off soon, I didn't blame her because I wanted to do the same.

"I think we should continue," I couldn't believe the words that came out of Zoey's mouth right now, she got her proof that it's real. Entertaining this any longer was going to get us in trouble.

"And I think we should stop this mess and go," Viktor said and I was glad he did because I knew Zack and Caroline agreed with him too. Just as we were going to get up Zoey pleaded with us to keep going, "Just a little longer please I'll be quick, plus we need to say goodbye."

"Just to say goodbye" I sighed and sat back down with everyone else. We all put our fingers back on the planchette and waiting for Zoey.

"Is anyone here?"

The planchette moved again but this time it made its way across the board to 'yes.' I jumped at the moment and closed my eyes praying for this to be over.

"Who are you?"

At Zoey's question, the planchette moved once again which spelled out, 'Aurora'. That name sounded very familiar but I couldn't place my finger on where I heard it from.

"Aurora," Viktor muttered before he glanced up at the headstone we were sitting near. "I can't believe we are talking to her spirit right now." So that's where it was from, this wasn't good we needed to goodbye now.

"Is this real?" Caroline had tears in her eyes and I told Zoey to quickly wrap this up.

"How did you die?"

"Zoey, what is wrong with you? End this right now." Zack stared at Zoey in disbelief and so was I because this wasn't how it was supposed to go. It was meant to be fake, it wasn't meant to work.

My eyes widened as the planchette moved to spell out 'killed', no way, we had to stop this. If she was killed, that meant she was an angry spirit probably out for revenge.

"Do you know who killed you?"

'yes'

"Fucking end this right now Zoey, you've gone on too long!" Viktor's vein popped out in his forehead as he yelled at Zoey who quickly obliged and said goodbye. After a moment of silence, the planchette still hadn't moved and she said goodbye again but this time the planchette moved off the board.

I let out a scream and fell back, fear flood through me as Zack pulled me up and we all ran back to Danny's van not once taking a look behind us.

Once we all settled in the car, I noticed Caroline was just staring back at the entrance of the cemetery. I called out her name which caught the attention of others but she remained unresponsive.

"Caroline!" I felt like crying as I shook her arm trying to get something out but it was like she froze up. Zack leaned out and slapped her face a lightly as he yelled out her name in frantic. Still nothing.

Danny had started up his van and made his way back to my house but Caroline was still quiet as she stared out the window. Zack put his arm around me but I couldn't find comfort in it as I waited for Caroline to do something.

Once we got to mine, I helped take Caroline out of the car who's mind was still elsewhere. Viktor turned the lights on and grabbed a glass of water before he made his way to sit with all of us in the living room. After  I wrapped a blanket around Caroline that's when I noticed the tears in her eyes.

She tried to blink them away and whispered out, "I saw her."