Chapter Four - Zack

"What do you mean? When?" Zoey fired at her and I put a hand on her shoulder making her back off Caroline. I told her to give her some space and she nodded her head but we both rested our gaze on Caroline, wanting some answers.

"When we got in the car I looked back at the gates," she took a sip of her water and placed it on the table before she continued, "It was only for a second but it was her, she was standing there behind the gates just watching me." Caroline put a hand over her mouth as her body shook with the sobs that came from her. Val comforted her and told us to go get some food so I took Danny with me.

"Hey, you alright?" I asked. Danny was never the type to be quiet for long, he always had something to say and he couldn't stand sitting in silence.

"Yeah," he nodded his head and let out a breath, "I just didn't think the ouija actually worked ya know, all the vids on youtube, the movies all of it is fake yet what we just saw was proof that it's real." He shook his head and turned away from me as he said, "all I know is that I have a very bad feeling about who we just spoke to there, we unleashed something."

His words left me speechless, I had nothing to say so we got what we needed without saying much together and by the time we got there, it seemed like everyone forgot about what happened and set up the living room with pillows, blankets and mattresses.

"Hey Zack, what's wrong?" Val greeted me at the door as Danny took the stuff in the house leaving us alone. I just pulled her into my arms and told her I was tired. I was tired but it was Danny's words that were bothering me, it kept circling around in my head and I didn't want to worry her even more by telling her.

Viktor gave Danny and I something more comfortable to sleep in before we joined the girls.

"Hey Valie, pass me the salt and vinegar one, please?" Danny fluttered his eyes at Val as he pointed towards the cupboard and she just rolled her eyes but got up. When she came back, she handed Danny salt and vinegar and sat back down. He looked down at his hands in confusion and  said, "Um what am I meant to do with these?"

All of us looked at him and then back at Val who furrowed her brow and asked, "didn't you just ask for salt and vinegar?"

"Yeah the chips, not the bottles, this ain't tequila I can't lick the salt then take a shot of vinegar honey."

With that, we all laughed as Val blushed realising her mistake, "Hey leave me alone, my minds all over the place." She tried to defend herself but joined in the laughter along with the rest of us. She picked up the chips and threw it at Danny's face who cracked up again before pressing play.

The rest of the night went smoothly and no one spoke of what happened. Danny dropped off Caroline early morning, her mum constantly rang her at 7 am waking everyone up. 

Danny and I took Zoey home before going back to ours as well but we only went to pick up more clothes before we went back to theirs.

Once we got there, Danny and Viktor left to go hang out with some of their other mates leaving Val and I alone. Her parents were away for the weekend so they wouldn't be back till Monday morning.

As we set up the living room, Val put on 50 first dates and I complained to her about how many times we've already watched this. Spending the night together is normal for us seeing as we became friends during year 8. Danny and Viktor became friends first which is how I got introduced to Zoey and Val.

From the moment I met her, I knew she was it for me. I finally admitted my feelings to where when some guy tried to take her to formal. Imagine my shock when I found out she felt the same. We stayed as friends though till year 12 but built on our relationship and got even more close. I haven't officially asked her to be my girlfriend yet but since we finished school, the only thing that changed was the physical aspect of our relationship.

Halfway through the movie, I don't know how it happened but one minute we were cuddling then the next Val was on my lap, running her fingers through my hair and kissing me.

Once we started to take our clothes off that's when I stopped her, "wait are you sure about this? we can stop I know things have been rough babe."

"I'm ready for this, I know we've basically been it for each other since we were young and I just want to focus on you, on us, not that shit we pulled last night," she spoke in between her kisses and suddenly just pulled away, "wait do you even want to do this?"

"Of course I was just worried about you," I was just surprised by this, we've done nearly everything over the past 2 months but this.

Val pulled me in for another kiss breaking me away from my thoughts and the whole night all our worries vanished and we just focused on being with each other in every way we could.

The next day when I woke up, I smiled at Val  laying on my chest but was distracted by someone clearing their throat, "look usually I'd have something smart to say but we have to go right now."

"What happened?"

"It's Caroline, something happened and she's on her way to the hospital."

A/N:

I can't believe it's Christmas in 2 days I hope you all have a good one!

Thanks for giving this book a chance x