Chapter Two - Zack

Valerie's hand provided me with the warmth and comfort I needed as we walked into this cemetery. Even Danny and Zoey's bickering couldn't distract me from what we were about to do.

"Hey I'm just going to see how Care is doing," I nodded my head and was surprised when she leaned forward to press her lips against mine before she walked off.

"I thought I said no touching in front of me," Viktor pretended to be angry but I know he wasn't mad. He was surprisingly was accepting when he found out about Val and I but he threatened to end me if I ever hurt his baby sister.

I threw my hand ups in defence and said, "hey she kissed me, what was I going to do?" He just pushed me then watched them set up the stuff near someone's grave.

"This is so fucked up." He ran his fingers through his hair and kicked the rocks by his feet, "I don't feel right doing this, we're being disrespectful to the dead but I'm here for Vallie."

I nodded my head in agreement and told him not to worry too much as we got to where they were setting up. Valerie sat by Caroline and I was quick to take the empty spot on the other side of her.

She shivered from the cold breeze so I wrapped my arm around her enjoying the warmth of having her this close. She muttered a thank you as she rested her head on my shoulder watching Zoey and Danny prepare for this.

The grave we were sitting by had 'Aurora Graham 1980 to 1997' written on it and nothing else. "I picked it cause it seems a little interesting that there was nothing else on there," Danny said to me and I just shook my head in disbelief over his reasoning, if anything that just makes me even more unsettled.

"Zack, I'm scared" Val murmured as she squeezed my hand trying to calm herself down. I just kissed her the top of her head and let her know that we can leave if she wants to. "Please don't leave my side."

"Never," I whispered back to her as I brushed my thumb on her lower lip before leaning down to kiss her but Danny once again ruined our moment by saying, "do you really think this is the time and place for this? God, you kids just can't keep your hands to yourself."

I threw a stick at him which he dodged and stuck his tongue out at me. We all just laughed at Danny but the laughter died down quickly as the reality of what we were about to do sunk in.

Zoey placed two fingers on the planchette and Danny followed her actions then they both looked up at the rest of us, "Guys! You know how this works," Zoey gave us an exasperated look so I hesitantly put 2 fingers down and soon after the rest of them followed. "We have to be calm and respectful, okay?"

"Just start already," Caroline muttered as she glanced around the cemetery with wide eyes, "this place is scary." She got that right, why did we have to do this here of all places? We could have done this at someone's house or at a park anywhere but here.

Then Zoey took in a deep breathe and let it out before saying, "As friends we've gathered, hearts are true, spirits near we call to you." She just stared down at the board waiting for something to happen. How is she not afraid right now? A moment passed before I realised that what she said sounded so familiar.

"Did you just copy the exact words from the movie Ouija?" Danny snorted which made the rest of the group laugh as Zoey told him to shut up.

"I didn't know what else to say," she chuckled along with the rest of us but then glanced down at the board in disappointment, "well this was definitely a bust."

I was glad it was over and more than happy to leave but Danny saw the look on Zoey's face and told us to sit back down. He claimed he wanted to try something and as much as I wanted to leave, I didn't want to leave my brother here or Val. My brother had it so bad for Zoey and she didn't even know.

Zoey was the first to sit back down along with Danny and she looked up at us with a raised eyebrow. They knew we wouldn't leave them here on their own to do this so we all sat back down and waited.

"If a spirit is here please show us a sign," Danny said as he looked around to see if anything would happen, "Is anyone here with us right now?"

Suddenly, the planchette rotated a little and I swear my heart just dropped.