01 | Shy, little and curious

~'•,:'~!~':,•'~

~'•,:'~!~':,•'~

The stars shone bright on the big, mysterious sky while lamp posts casted a cozy, magical light down upon the white streets and sidewalks. A chilly breeze was present in the air, dancing gently through the streets with the fragile snowflakes and playfully chasing after the few cars driving towards their destinations, probably on their way home to their family waiting in the houses, enjoying the cozy night outside the window with the warm fireplace crackling loudly and presents surrounding them.

A beautiful, white two story house decorated with Christmas lights stood proud and tall on a small street with some other just as beautiful two story houses surrounding it. Big windows, balcony, porch, delicate decorations, a big lawn, big trees and beautiful flowers and plants, it had it all. Pretty much an ideal dreamhouse.

Inside the biggest house of them all, sat a newly wedded couple cuddled up in the living room on their fancy, red sofa, with a beautifully decorated pine tree standing in the corner beside the crackling fireplace. The woman had beautifully tanned skin, deep, brown eyes with perfect lashes, black, slightly curly hair and wore a prettily pink-tinted dress. The man had brown hair with an almost orange nuance, he had blue, piercing yet gentle eyes, a small mustache and wore black trousers with trouser braces and a white button up, the sleeves smeared up his arms.

The woman took out a little box beside her and gave it to her husband. "Merry Christmas!" She said cheerfully, crossing her long slender, tanned legs under her long dress.

"Thank you, darling." The man said and pecked his wife on the lips while taking the gift out of her hands, their matching rings shining in the dim light. He carefully opened the gift and took out a silver pocket watch. He let his thumb slide over it and feel its smooth surface. "It's gorgeous..." he mumbled, words almost inaudible. The wife only smirked and flipped her hair playfully with her hand and responded with: "I know."

The husband chuckled lightly and kissed his lover again. When they pulled away their noses were still touching, while they rested their foreheads against each other's. "Thank you, hon. I love it." She giggled and rubbed their noses together. "I'm glad."

They stayed like that for a while until the man got up. "I'll be back in a second, okay, love? Please stay here. I need to go get my present for you." He said, winking, already out the door, not waiting for a response. The wife stared at the door her husband stood beside just three seconds ago in shock but then scoffed, crossing her arms.

"Rude."

Two minutes later the husband came back into the warm, cozy heat of the house. He fumbled a bit with his coat but eventually got it off and hung it nicely up on the coat stand.

"Lydia darling!"

Lydia turned her head towards the door but couldn't see her husband, due to them being in two different rooms. "Yes, honey?"