04 | l'll wait forever

~'•,:'~!~':,•'~

~'•,:'~!~':,•'~

Screaming. All Jeongguk heard was screaming. He was terrified. His owner was screaming and crying inside the bedroom, yelling for her husband and grabbing harshly onto the nearest furniture. Jeongguk stood at the bottom of the stairs, looking at the closed door, frozen in place. The bunny hybrid's heart shattered at the painful wails coming from darling inside the room. He wanted to run up the stairs, tear the door open and save her from whatever was hurting her, but the door was locked and honey sternly ordered him to stay at the bottom of the stairs no matter what. Jeongguk wanted to protect and help.

But he couldn't.

The sound of footsteps on the soft carpet inside the bedroom could be heard through the door. Honey was clearly walking worriedly around the room.

But then suddenly the screams stopped. A small, almost fragile-sounding wail came from the room. Darling then started crying again but rather softly this time. Soft mumbles played off of the walls and then out stepped a woman that Jeongguk knew from before. She had a small bag and an exhausted look in her eyes. Honey then came running out.

"Wait! Doctor Empus! Thank you so much."

The said female then nodded and gave a sweet smile.

"Don't mention it, sire. I'm glad I could help."

They both nodded to each other and then parted ways, honey walking inside again and the doctor going downstairs. She walked towards the door and gently petted Jeongguk on the head and mumbled a small 'goodbye' on her way out.

The cries had finally subsided and the house was now silent. Jeongguk wanted to walk up to his owners to check if they were okay but he didn't wanna be a naughty boy so he stayed. He decided to sit down and pulled his knees up to his chest and leaned his chin on his arms, looking up at the door to the bedroom.

He'd wait for them. He'd wait forever for them.

~'•,:'~!~':,•'~

a short chapter is what we got this time. i promise the next update will be longer :)

 i promise the next update will be longer :)

thank you for reading :'((

- 카로