Chapter 6: Escape

Both Lin and Puro just stared in complete shock, what just happened? Who is trying to kill them? And why? Thats all Lin could think of at the moment, before Puro snapped Lin out of it and pushed him down as more darts flew through the window at them. "Be careful." Puro said as he had a confused yet serious expression on. "W-Whats going on?. . .That was so s-sudden. . .who is doing this?" Lin said unable to think about the fact that the situation went from zero to a hundred in seconds. "I'm not sure, but your okay and thats all that matters." Puro said trying to peek up to see who was doing this before quickly ducking again as a dart nearly hit him. "I-It's definitely not a Latex, they don't know how to use guns. . . .that means. . .humans?" Lin said as now his thinking was completely messed up. "W-We'll worry about that later, we need to find a way to get past here without risking one of us getting hurt." Puro said with a concerned look on his face, Lin was surprised at how different Puro was acting in this situation. He was acting serious this time. "A-Alright just. . .I don't want you getting hurt." Lin said. "I already made a promise to not leave you, dying counts as that so it definitely won't happen!" Puro said as he surprisingly smiled at Lin in attempts to make him feel better despite the situation.  "Thanks Puro." Lin siliently said before going back to worrying about the situation they were in, it was obvious that whoever was shooting those darts was moving closer. Making them easier to get hit by. "I'm gonna try to make a run for it." Lin said as Puro went wide eyed. "But it's a long run before your safe again! What if you get hurt?!" Puro said worryingly. "Don't worry, even if I get hit it shouldn't hurt to bad, unless its Tranquilizer Darts-" Lin said as Puro cut him off. "What if it does hurt! What if y-you get hurt so bad you die?!" Puro was now freaking out and was starting to succumb to the situation panic now, before Lin slightly patted him. "I won't die. . .I promise." Lin said as he winked before looking back at the darts attempting to be shot at them through the window. "This shouldn't be to hard." Lin said before getting ready to bolt, Puro was seriously worried but could only watch. "And. . . .now-" Lin said as he bolted to the other side of the room, the dart guns were directly pointed at him but he hid behind the sofa before one shot straight at his face. Puro was starting to get even more nervous, but was relieved that Lin had made it without any severe injuries, now it was Puro's turn. "Just come on out and make this easier." One of the unknown Entities said as more darts fired, Puro looked at Lin as Lin looked back. He made an okay sign telling Puro to run over to him quickly. Puro would bolt over to Lin before a dart came speeding towards him, hitting Puro in the shoulder as he tripped and fell right by Lin. "Puro! Are you alright?!" Lin said worryingly as Puro pulled the dart out of his shoulder. "I'm f-fine just. . .owwww." Puro said holding his shoulder a bit, Lin was starting to get worried again. "Puro that's a Tranquilizer Dart, it's gonna make you pass out." Lin said as Puro's eyes got heavy, Puro was already starting to fall asleep and before you know it he passed out from the dart. "No no no no no no! This can't be happening! W-What am I gonna do?! I can try to carry him but I'll run slower and I might get shot! What do I?-" Lin's mind was racing with thoughts, he couldn't just wait nor could he run. He was trapped. . .or so he thought before getting an idea, Lin grabbed the sofa and started to push it across the room while also dragging Puro with him, it was perfect now he wouldn't be able to get hit due to the sofa blocking the Darts. "R-Right now the exit." Lin said as he stared at the ominous exit door, would he risk it just to try to save Puro and himself? It could go so wrong, it could be dangerous, and they could even just get killed faster but Lin had no other choice. He knew what he had to do and started to take deep breaths in a attempt to calm himself, he then slowly opened the exit door while also somehow mustering enough strength to carry Puro, then without thinking Lin ran out of the building and towards the huge ruined city. Getting shot at but never hit as he ran further ahead, eventually losing the people shooting at them and collapsing in a ruined tower. "T-That was. . .huff. .way to. . .close." Lin said trying to catch his breath, Lin couldn't even do much but lay down on the dirty cold concrete floor. He snuggled up a bit to the still passed out Puro and sighed. "Were being hunted. . .aren't we?" Lin said to himself siliently.

[Chapter 6 End.]