Chapter 6 [The Prince Charming]

I was still wondering about how he got to know my name when his husky voice rang inside my ears again.

"Are you okay?"

Strong arms gripped my shoulders, pulling me up swiftly.

"You're bleeding!"

His worried, voice reached my ears and almost as if just now realising the way my forehead was hurting from where I'd probably nicked it on the side of the table on my way down to meet the floor, I whimpered.

Quickly, he guided me towards a plush chair and gently pushed me onto it.

"Sit here while I grab the first aid kit."

Before I could formulate a reply, he was gone, and was back with a first aid kit just as quickly, his scent- a heady mix of something dark and purely masculine assaulting my senses in the most delicious way possible as he stood in front of me, a cotton ball coated with some sort of an antiseptic at the ready.

"This is gonna hurt a little, okay?"

He told me softly and I nodded again, bracing myself for the inevitable sting.

I hissed a little, cringing back but he held me in place with a gentle hand on my chin which sent shivers up my spine in a way I'd never felt before, making me sit up straight in the padded chair. I was so caught up in what his touch was making me feel that I didn't even flinch when he put a small bandage to the cut.

"There, all good now."

He murmured, giving me the sweetest of smiles I'd ever seen on a man, the kind that made you smile like a love sick puppy just by looking at it and that was exactly what I did.

I smiled up at his handsome face. "Thank you, Mr Khan."

"Oh you can just call me Sahir, Isabell." He told me.

My brow furrowed as I realised, yet again, that he already knew what my name was. Frowning up at him, I asked, "How do you know what my name is?"

His eyes widened slightly at my question and he busied himself with rearranging the first aid kit he'd brought. A few beats passed before he nodded at my chest, "It's written on your ID card, Isabell."

I looked down at the ID card resting snugly on my chest, frowning as I did so. He'd called me by my name when I'd fallen too. He couldn't have possibly seen my ID card then. Buying his lie for what it was for the time being, I shrugged at him, "Okay."

He looked at me again, his lips pulled into an almost fond smile, almost as if he knew that I knew he was lying but was letting it go. He cleared his throat, "So, what are you doing here? I clearly don't remember leaving a beautiful girl here before going out."

It took me a moment to realise that he'd called me beautiful and I blushed right up to the tips of my ears as I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

And another to realise that he'd asked me a question.

What was I doing here again?

Right. I'd come to thank him for saving me plus asking him about why he instructed that lady to not disclose the fact that he took me out of that storeroom.

But now that I was actually here, I couldn't quite understand what to say. Awkwardly, I began, "Um, well, yesterday you saved me from that guy, you know, who was trying to misbehave with me. I wanted to thank you for helping me. It was really nice of you to do that. I don't know what I'd have done had you not been there. You're a man of such a huge stature and to help an ordinary girl like me, it was really great and...."