The Demons

A horrible headache pierces through my head as my eyes flutter open. The first thing I see is the blue sky and the sun that's starting to burn my eyes. I know that I'm hurt, so I decide against sitting up, not wanting to lose more blood than I already did. Leaning my head to the side, I notice the dead crew that helped me on the mission and I immediately remember the odd looking man and his abnormal powers. I look at my arm to try and find the wound that the stone he used on me left, only to find nothing, to my disappointment.

But it didn't make sense. How could I heal a wound as deep as that in such a small amount of time. Talking of time... what time was it? Looking at the sun once again, I figured that it was morning, due to its position. Did I sleep on an open field the whole night? Or maybe I didn't remember anything more. Something certainly didn't feel right, though. My wound, the one from which that knife appeared, it didn't hurt anymore. I looked down at it to see it gone. Was I dreaming? Or maybe I was dead. It could have been a possibility. Healing this fast was never something possible and imagining things like this would have been another level of insanity. My crew was dead, so what happened yesterday really did happen. But, then again, what was wrong with me?

Sitting up from the dirty ground, I couldn't ignore the pain in my back. Sleeping on the cold concrete wasn't my ideal night, to be honest. I used my hand to balance myself enough to be sure that I won't fall once I take them off the ground. Standing up and seeing the familiar surroundings, I figured that I maybe passed out while fighting that guy and dreamt the rest. It was the only explanation I had. There were a few good kilometers from the closest town, so I had to walk a little. Hopefully, a car would drive by. A sigh left my lips as I checked up on each cop, in case any of them were still alive. But, of course, I wasn't a really lucky person. And with that, I was gone.

Walking down the old road, I managed to get a view of a roof. Maybe the town was closer than I expected. I could have called someone or use my radio, if both of them weren't destroyed. My body was freezing cold for the night spent outside with nothing but my useless uniform and coat. Maybe someone would take me in and help me call for a pick up. My hopes were getting higher and higher when I started to see the whole italian styled house, seeing how animated it seemed to be on the inside.

I began walking faster, wanting to reach it before I could acknowledge the pain in my frozen feet. I didn't. My legs were hurting, making carrying myself a job for more than one person. I started running towards the house, counting the meters between me and the welcoming place. A loud sound appeared as soon as my body stopped working and crumpled to the ground. I guess that my ambitions were bigger than my actual strength.

I laid there while panting, which stopped too soon for me to notice. Now that I think of it, I didn't feel anything at all. It was like my body lost both the ability to move or to sense. It felt like sleep paralysis, something that I began experiencing ever since joining the police force. But I was awake. So how did this even happen? In the end, I was too weak to move or speak, so I gave up and closed my eyes, accepting that this could have been my end. I wasn't afraid of death, not in the slightest. Ever since becoming a police officer, I swore to fight with my life. Therefore, I was ready for moments like these.

*

As the girl fell to the ground, the two lovers in the countryside home couldn't ignore the sound it produced. Tiziano rushed outside, seeing a rather young girl lay almost dead on the ground. Well, almost dead. He ran towards her, carefully touching her face as he finally got to her. She was as cold as ice and her breathing threatened to stop any moment now. He took her limp body in his arms and took the girl inside his and his lover's home, making sure she was comfortable on the couch. Squalo found it weird for someone as young as her to be an actual police officer, but he wasn't the best with figuring people's age, so he could easily be wrong.