Snowflakes ❄️

Chapter Summary: Nightmare is a bit insecure about his passive form, Killer attempts to help him get over it.

Note: This isn't canon information.
-----------------------------------
"Are you coming or not?"

Nightmare was currently sitting on a branch of a nearby tree, actively avoiding touching the snow in the AU they had landed in. It was a genocide AU, everyone was already dead, so they had nobody to worry about.

"..No."

Killer sighed and crossed his arms, slightly looking away from his boyfriend.

"..Again?"

"What do you mean 'again'?! This is going to happen every single time we go out when there's this.. stuff.. on the ground!"

To anyone else, it would've looked like Nightmare was having a tantrum over a bit of snow, but to Killer it seemed like a completely different story. Everyone always said that Nightmare had no weaknesses, Nightmare himself had worked incredibly hard to keep that rumour going, but.. snow?

Killer wasn't sure of how it worked exactly, but snow touching the tar on top of Nightmare caused it to evaporate, leaving his body with ivory coloured bones and a cracked, beaten skull. He was aware that Nightmare despised the snow, yet he had still convinced him to come along with him to make snowmen, just in case he wanted to be brave and step onto the snow.

"Come on, Night. What am I gonna do, judge you?"

"Yes!"

Killer steadily began walking over to the tree Nightmare sat on.

"I don't care about how you look, Nightmare. I'm dating you because you have an amazing personality. Besides, I'm not exactly the greatest looking person, either."

Stopping in front of the tree, he pointed to the tar-like lines coming out from his eye sockets.

"Don't say that, you're attractive."

"Oh? But I think I'm unattractive, so obviously I must be right!"

Nightmare sighed and poked Killer's cheek with a softened tentacle.

"I know what you're getting at, but it's not going to convince me to-"

Killer grabbed the tentacle and dragged Nightmare out of the tree, causing him to fall directly onto the snow below him. Killer watched as the goop steadily began to disappear from his form, getting ready to either run from or comfort his boyfriend.

Nightmare sat up and rubbed his skull, noticing it seemed a bit more solid than it normally was. He sighed and looked up towards Killer, who stood in front of him with a smirk.

"Y'know, I was expecting worse."

The half of Nightmare's skull that hadn't been broken off by the villagers all those years ago seemed almost perfectly intact. From what Killer could see, the only difference to Nightmare in general was that he no longer had tentacles or the tarry substance that usually coated him; oh, and he was missing almost half of his skull.

"No you weren't, don't lie to me."

"I'm not lying, Nighty-"

Killer bent down in front of Nightmare and smiled, tilting his head a small fraction.

"-I was at the very least expecting you to be covered in cuts and bruises, but you seem fine. Well.."

Nightmare let out a small laugh before sighing.

"I mean, underneath these clothes? There's a ton of scars, if I had to guess I'd say there were hundreds of unhealed ones."

"Jesus.."

Nightmare let his body relax slightly, letting his guard down fully around Killer was typically very easy when he could overpower him at any given opportunity, but now Killer had the upper hand and could kill him at any moment. But, Killer wouldn't do that, right? Yeah, he could trust Killer.

"Kills?"

"Yeah?"

"..Thank you."