Coffee ☕

Chapter Summary: Killer and Nightmare try to bask in the atmosphere of an empty coffee shop.
--------------------------------
"It's been so long since we got together like this."

"Pfft, it's been months since we've been apart for more than like, five hours or so."

"Yeah, but I meant away from everyone else in a quiet area."

Nightmare gently rested his hand on the side of his cup of coffee, the smell of it seeping into the air. They were in an abandoned coffee shop, abandoned as in they had chased everyone out of it and put a strong magical barrier around it, not letting anyone in.

"Technically we aren't away from everyone.."

Killer pointed towards the counter, where a terrified-looking worker was busy aggressively cleaning anything that even looked the slightest bit dirty.

"Seriously? I plan all of this for us and you just want to talk about how I keep making slight errors in my sentences?"

Killer let out a small laugh and gently pressed his hand onto Nightmare's.

"Oh, c'mon, I'm jus' messing with you~! I know you worked hard to make sure Dream, Ink and Blue wouldn't find us here, and I appreciate that. I know you're on edge as well, but c'mon Nighty.. if anything goes wrong we can just teleport out."

"I.. yeah, I guess you're right."

Nightmare sighed and looked down at his coffee. It seemed to be presented nicely, but..

"You know, I was expecting better than this. They called this place the best coffee shop of any AU, but it's just so poorly made.."

"Hey, everyone has different tastes. Besides, we aren't exactly the easiest customers to make stuff for, are we? They were probably terrified of messing up our orders to the point where they did mess them up."

Killer blew the steam coming from his coffee towards Nightmare, who lightly flinched at the warm sensation.

"This is still nice though, isn't it? The smell of the coffee in the air, the vintage-type decorations, the negativity you're probably very much enjoying coming from the workers and everyone else who knows we're here.."

Killer let out a small laugh and took a sip of his coffee, he could barely stand the taste of it, but he didn't want Nightmare to feel any worse than he already did.

Nightmare looked up towards his boyfriend, a small smile making its way onto his face as he watched him laugh.

"What's that smile for, hm?"

Killer tilted his head and smiled back, glad to have made him feel the slightest bit better.

"No, it's nothing. Just thought I saw an angel, that's all~"

Killer chuckled as a slight blush reached his cheeks, causing him to try and hide his face with his hands.

"You're getting better at flirting, that's for sure."

A tentacle reached over and removed Killer's hands from his face, letting the embarrassed skeletons blush be seen by everyone who was there.

"Thank you, but.. we do have to kill the workers now, huh?"

They both turned to the worker standing behind the till, who seemed to be crying about something. It had been a pastime for the two of them to do anything in their power to hide their relationship from the rest of the Multiverse, they had thought it like a challenge.

"Yeah, I guess we do. So.. d'you want the ones at the back, or..?"

"No, no. I think you deserve to do the most killing this time, they did primarily mess up making your coffee, didn't they?"

Killer stood up out of his chair and stretched as the cup of coffee hit the floor, glass smashing near Killer's feet.

"Yeah, you're right. I do wanna let you have some fun, though~"

"I'll just go deal with the ones who initially ran off."

Nightmare lightly stretched before standing up, his tentacles forming into sharp weapons ready to attack the nearest person.

"Meet back here in.. twenty minutes or so?"

"Yeah, there's another coffee shop I'd love to try with you."