The Break

You sat at your desk while the guinea pigs were asleep in the empty place next to your laptop and Totoro slept on your shoulder. You typed away to confirm the last of the tour dates for when everyone came back. Speaking of which...

Jinx: Y/N, why aren't you wearing your Santa hat?!

You groaned as you grabbed your hat and threw it on. Everyone was going home for the holidays except for you. Obvious reasons.

Akali: I can't believe you're staying here alone. Kinda a bummer.

Y/N: I'll be fine. Besides, I haven't really celebrated christmas in a while anyway.

Jinx: That is true. Every year I head back home, I always came back to a deserted apartment. He never even hangs up lights.

Y/N: No point. I don't even know why you guys put up a tree. Not like anyone is gonna see it.

Kai'sa: You will.

Y/N: Okay. No one who cares will see it.

You finished your work and let out a sigh as you leaned back in your chair. Ahri and Eve walked out of Ahri's room. They spotted you and Eve took a quick photo of you in your hat.

Eve: I'm totally turning that into a Christmas card.

You let out another groan and shut your laptop. Christmas music played softly in the background thanks to Akali and Kai'sa finding Christmas records for your record player.

Akali: You seem like a humbug. You don't like Christmas?

Eve: Oh yeah. You did say something about your parents not liking it.

Ahri gave her and odd look as did Jinx. They then looked at you but the look on your face told them to stay silent.

Y/N: I'm just not a fan. That's all. No real point in it.

Kai'sa: Is that why you're not going home?

You sighed as you spun your chair around.

Y/N: I have my reasons. Besides, you guys deserve a break after everything we went through this year. The album is still doing great and the tour is set for when you all get back.

You stood up and Totoro woke up. He hopped down onto your desk and curled up with the guinea pigs and went back to sleep. Lucky bastard. You wished you could just sleep wherever. Oh....wait.

Jinx: You sure you don't want me to stay? I could. You know I don't really like going home.

Y/N: Stay if you want to stay, Jinx. I won't stop you.

You headed off to your room without another word. The girls stood there in silence before they looked to Jinx and Ahri.

Ahri/Jinx: What?

Akali: Why does Mr. Y/N hate Christmas?

Jinx: He doesn't. He just doesn't care for it.

Eve: Because of his parents?

Ahri: His mom loved Christmas. They would always win the Christmas decorating contest every year.

Jinx: No one stood a chance.

Eve raised a brow and Kai'sa caught what Ahri had said.

Kai'sa: His mom loved Christmas? Why the past tense? She hate it now?

Ahri and Jinx looked at each other.

Ahri: Actually, his mom died right before graduation.

Akali: Oof. Wonder why he never mentioned it before. Though, I feel much worse with leaving him here.