6. What's wrong with my best friend?

I am Selena Mendez, well I totally suck at singing maybe cause I am not the Selena Gomez that everyone knows or just because I am a Mendez doesn't mean that I sing well like Shawn. I don't have any talent, duh! But I do have a pretty face, that's it. I am bad at falling in love. Maybe none of them were meant for me. Sometimes, I fall hard really hard for a guy that I lost the real me. But through it all, it doesn't matter cause I have my best friend with me, Ed. Well, he's not Ed Sheeran. His full name is Edward Pritt. My best friend since I don't even remember.

He has got the looks, you know? Just that he is too shy to look at girls. I always scold him since I can't help but worry that he won't be able to find a wife when I would be already with five kids. I am a pathetic lover girl while he is a pathetic loner boy. We are such a match! We were misunderstood alot of times as lovers but we didn't give a damn about it. Best friends can't date! I was really determined on proving that ever since I read Cecelia Ahern's book Where rainbows end. I don't want to make the same mistake ever like them. Actually, I don't know how I feel about him. I have had a lot of boyfriends and I thought I really love them but they break up with me after a week or a month. The longest was a month if I am not wrong. One month and that's it. Am I really that bad? I can't help but cry inside.

Ed would always stay beside me. This poor guy, he never had a girlfriend. He never had a crush too, I always try to set him up with girls I thought would be his type but he would always turn it down. I am still mad at him till now, here's the thing, his mom and I set him up on a blind date but he didn't show up and we had to clean up the mess he cause, well it was actually our fault too since he was adamant on not going but we still went ahead with our plan and all those things happened. Of course we had to worry since he is almost in his thirties and he still hasn't got a crush, forget about the girlfriend.

When I was younger, I was a bit of a tomboy. Every one was shocked at my transformation. After my fifteen birthday, I began to wear dresses and skirts, wear accessories like necklaces and did makeups too. But I still got the moves to fly kick perverts and petty guys who deserve it. I started to have crush and start to date but you all know how it ended. One month! Every one tells me I look pretty so I am sure it's not about the face. I was the University's beauty pageant queen so I was quite popular. Twice I had a break up on the same night itself after we started dating. It doesn't even last 24 hours! Damn! Am I such a bitch? I feel like crying again.

I ring up Ed. He picked up straight away. I am so lucky to have a friend like him. It makes my mood much better when he immediately picked up my calls when I am feeling low. We had to talk about the marriage party we had to attend the next day. He was actually one of my ex and his bride invited me since she was the runners up in the Beauty pageant and a good friend of mine. He was not invited actually but I request the bride to invite him too cause I don't wanna go alone. It would be so awkward going to the your 'ex for one week' wedding.

#########

What the hell was that? How can it be? 'What wrong with you, Ed?', I shouted and dragged him to a quiet space. 'Are you okay? Why did you just hit him?' I was really worried when I saw Ed getting into a fight with one of my ex, my another ex for one day! No! The one that didn't even last for 24 hours to be exact! It's so rare to see Ed getting himself out of control. It must have been a serious matter.

He didn't even answered my question. He just stayed silent. And me being me started to torment him with questions. But he still maintained his silence. I was lost at words. I finally said, 'I'll go ask him if you refused to tell me' and I turned to go ask him but he pulled me back and engulfed me into a tight hug. I tried to push him away but couldn't do it since he seemed too desperate. His breath was unevenly and I began to get worried. I hugged him back. Finally, we pulled away