8. Loving my good-for-nothing bride

I am Dr. Jordan Junior, also known as Dr. JJ, a cardiologist. Last week I married the love of my life. We had dated for around 2 years before we tie the knot. Stacey is 28 years old and I am 33 now.

Our story goes way back. Our parents were good friends and we would often visit her house. I had a one sided crush on her ever since she was 15. She was the girl of my dreams. But I never approached her in a romantic way. She was a smart girl and one mistake, she could sensed everything. I would be always on guard around her.

She was an only child so she was treated like a princess in her house. She never does the chores, never wash dishes and never cook food. She was basically a good for nothing in terms of doing work but good in her studies. Even when we have a family gathering, she would just eat her food and leave her plates and spoon and I would be the one to do all the work. But I was happy that I could do those things for her.

Her parents use to scold her for being so spoiled like that and that she would never find a good husband for herself if she can't do household works. She never gave a damn about it and said, she would never get married, never ever. Well, she did get married to me but she always said that she would never get married whenever someone mentioned about the marriage thing to her when she was younger.

Even though she said that she would never get married, I learned about her ideal type from my best friend, Dan. Don't worry, she didn't tell him. His sister was Stacey best friend and being a chatterbox, she told her brother everything. Well, that's good for me because if Dan knows it, I know it too.

Well, she had a hell lot of conditions for her future husband. Even Dan had to write it down on a paper and his sister happily recite it again and again for him since she thought her brother liked her friend. But my poor friend was working so hard for me and to which I am grateful to him even till today.

She had never dated anyone her whole life so I knew that she would have expected so much. She was a girl who lived in a fairytale and believe in happily ever after with her prince. So, I wanted to fulfill her wishes. As for me, I had only loved one person wholeheartedly my whole life. There's no more place for any other girl except her. She is now my wife. Do you know her? Stacey! Correct answer.

I don't want to ruined our relationship by rushing everything. So, I waited for the right time. Finally after I finished my post graduation in my medical college and got my specialization in Cardiology. I thought of proposing to her but since she didn't finished hers yet I waited for her to complete her studies.

She had been courted by many guys throughout her college and even in the medical college but I am so amazed at her attitude towards guys. She rejected each of them but continue to remain friends with them. Some of them got married and she went to their weddings as well.

I opened up my own hospital while she was in her last second year of her post- graduation. She did her specialty in gynaecology. I picked her up from the airport since her parents had a very important appointment. When they called me to pick her up, I was so happy. I took out my diary and look at the conditions that she had set for her future husband. I already learned it by heart and try to fit all her conditions. Thank God that I was born tall since there's would be no way to change that.

When she saw me, she thanked me for picking her up and asked me whether it was my day off or not in the hospital. I assured her that everything was alright and she didn't have to feel so guilty about it. And I was not the one driving, it was my driver. It was quite a long journey and we talked about her studies and my hospital and soon ran out of topics. Well, I couldn't bring myself to confess my feelings because I thought it would disturb her studies since she thought of me like her brother.

I was really shocked when she asked me whether I have a girlfriend or not? I couldn't speak for a few minutes. I don't know what I was thinking at that time. Since I didn't say anything. She continued, 'Your girlfriend must be angry seeing you picked me up, doctors don't have much free time. You should have just rejected to pick me up when my parents told you to. Don't worry, I will explain everything to her'. She said with a big smile.

'And I don't have a girlfriend, you don't have to worry too much, kiddo', I told her. She was mad that I called her a kiddo and called me 'an old hag'. I don't what came to me at that moment but the desire to confessed everything to her overpowered me. I recite down her conditions one by one and said I do to each and every condition. Her face was really comical at that moment. Maybe she was thinking how did I know everything. After I finished that, I said the most three important words to her, I love you.

Yes, I know it sounds cringy but when you fall in love, it's the most beautiful sentence that mankind has ever known. She felt into a deep silence. I told her she didn't have to give me her answers right away. But she asked me a bunch of questions, and her last question shocked me, Will you love a good-for-nothing like me? And I gave her my answer, 'Yes. And you are not a good for nothing. I didn't asked you to come and wash the dishes in my house or do the laundry, I want you to stay by my side and start a family with me. Thats all I need from you'.

She said she would give me her answer at that moment. Her answer surprised me, she proposed that we would get married just after she finished her post graduation. And I happily agreed to it. Well, it was not bad idea after all. She can work in my hospital. For our parents, we just have to tell them the news. Everyone knew about my feelings for her.

I saw a recorder inside the car when we reached their house. I rushed inside the house. I saw my parents too. They were listening to something in the laptop. It was my brother. He had put a recorder in the car. Shit! They had heard and knew everything about our conversation there. He came out of his seat and came to hug me and said, Wow! Bro, congratulations with a wink. I just smiled at my twenty four years old brother. How could he know everything so well?

Stacey came inside as well. Everyone congratulated her. She was totally unaware of what had happened at that time. I just smiled. After she realized what had actually happened, she told everyone about her plans. Her wedding gown, the decorations and so and so on. Is she that excited? I felt so blessed to see her like that. Whatever makes her happy makes me happier.

After a few months, she went back to med school. We used to call and text whenever we had the time. She was busy for her finals and I was busy in the hospital. And time passed by and we get to fulfill our wish last week. She called herself a good for nothing but that's what makes me love her even more, to love and cherished her even more than ever. She is my only bride in this life of mine.

Are you thinking about who washed the plates and do the laundry after our marriage? Of course, it's me but she use to stay with me and do the talking. But sometimes, she just watch the TV or read novels and wait for me there. I am so loving my good-for-nothing bride.