Chapter 2

It's been six months of Lilith working at the lab. Everybody seemed to enjoy having her around. She always seemed to be in a good mood. But after this day, everything would change for her, and maybe even the world around her. "You are all sure this test is safe?" she asked her co-workers. "I know you are the person to worry and overthink things but it's okay!" David responded. "If anything were to happen, I would be able to keep you safe of course." She chuckled a bit before going back to having a worried look on her face. He tried to think of a way to cheer her up. "If you are American before going into the bathroom, and you are American when you come out of the bathroom, what are you in the bathroom?" he asked her. She gave a slight smile because she knew the punchline and it made her laugh. "EUROPEAN!" She laughed lots before hugging David.

They kept putting chemicals in the water, hoping it would have a reaction. Each drop they added made the water splash some, but it would go back to being calm after that. Every time they put something in, Lilith got more and more nervous causing her brother having to tell her another joke to cheer her up. "I don't think it will work until..." she heard somebody say quietly, but she didn't hear the rest. "Nothing seems to be happening, so end of experiment." one of the other scientists said. While the rest of the scientists went to the break room, David went closer to the water. "They put chemicals in the water! It might be dangerous!" Lilith shouted at her brother. "The water had no reaction, plus I doubt it will damage skin." He then slowly dipped his hand into the water. "See? Nothing is wron-"

He looked at his hand, she didn't get a good look what was on it but it must of startled him. He screamed before jumping back, right into the water. "DAVID?!" She yelled. She rushed over and saw her brother was not coming out of the water. "HERE GRAB MY HAND!" But before she could put hand in the water for him to grab other scientists pulled her away. "DON'T IT'S DANGEROUS!" one of the scientists yelled at her. "But David!" she cried. She reached her hand out just hoping he would grab it. "Sorry but your brother is most likely a lost cause." After that day, she would NEVER go near the water. She kept on trying to make excuses so she wouldn't go in the water lab. Eventually it got so bad where they had to get her her own lab to do work in. Oh how much she wanted to see her brother again.