His Witch

Prompt: Draco refers to Hermione as "his witch."
Rating: T
Category: Fluff
Warnings: None.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She stood glaring at him with her hands on her hips, drawn up to her fully unintimidating height of barely more than five feet. Her eyes were flashing, and her hair appeared to have begun moving of its own volition. There were small sparks emitting from several particularly angry looking curls.

"Being senior undersecretary to the Minister doesn't give you permission to remove an Unspeakable from their department and assign them as a personal bodyguard for your vacation to Santorini. This is a blatant abuse of power, and you will go and tell the Minister that aurors will be a perfectly acceptable security detail"—her voice grew deadly—"unless you want to find out exactly what it is that I do in the Department of Mysteries."

She smacked a piece of parchment down on his desk and turned on her heel.

Draco watched Hermione strut angrily out of his office and the door slam with a resounding bang.

He leaned back with a resigned sigh and eyed the smoldering piece of paper.

Apparently he wouldn't be proposing to her this weekend either.

He twirled his wand in his fingers and stared thoughtfully at the ceiling, trying to think of a new means of prying his witch out of her beloved laboratory for a few days without tipping her off.