Old and Bickering

Prompt: Old and bickering dramione.
Category: Fluff
Rating: T
Warnings: None.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hermione stared down at the milk toast the house-elves had placed before her.

"Darling—"

Her husband looked over his newspaper at her, his eyes glittering. "Yes, my light?"

It was difficult to say whose voice dripped with more saccharine sarcasm.

Hermione studied him for several seconds in silence before her lips curved into a razor-edged smile and she speared a piece of soggy bread with her fork.

"I just wanted to say how relieved I am that you aren't being petulant because I said you shouldn't participate in the Quidditch game this weekend."

Draco folded his paper and laid it aside. His silver hair matched his glittering grey eyes. "Of course not, Dearest. After all, I am 'old' and 'not nearly as fit as I like to think I am.' It brought to mind that I haven't cared for you in your old age as attentively as I should. Given that you are nearly a year older than I, I realised some proactive measures were in order."

Hermione nodded slowly. "Now that I think about it, my jaw has been bothering me."

Concern suddenly flashed in Draco's eyes.

A thin smile graced Hermione's face. "I think it's probably for the best that I avoid any rigorous oral activities for the next several months, don't you?"