𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

THE LOCKER-ROOM WASN'T empty when Connor stepped inside, ready to find his coat and head home. Will stood there, furiously tapping on his phone, making Connor raise an eyebrow. "What's up?" He asked curiously, tugging the shirt of his scrubs up over his head, replacing it with a plain white t-shirt. Upon not recieving an answer from his fellow doctor, however, he leaned over, gently nudging his shoulder. "Hey, Will — are you okay?"

"Just Natalie," Will shrugged, letting out a sigh. "She took the day off with Owen, who's got the flu, and now she can't decide what she wants for dinner."

Connor chuckled, shaking his head, as he shrugged on his coat. "Could've been worse, yeah?" The surgeon offered, recieving a raised eyebrow from Will. "Oh, come on — you know what I mean, Halstead. She could have straight up told you she didn't want you coming home, or that you'd be sleeping on the couch tonight."

Will's attention, however, was past his texting session with Natalie Manning, and instead focusing on the small, white item partially sticking out of Connor's
coat pocket. "What is that in your pocket? It better not be drugs, Con — you know I will have to report you."

Connor glanced down, realizing what his friend was talking about, pulling the small, white item out of his pocket. "So that's where I put it," he smiled sheepishly, showing it to Will. "My neighbor found my door all boring and dull, so, uh, she gifted me one of her snowman-figures. I put it in my pocket, and must've forgotten it was there." He shrugged, watching as Will wrapped his hand around it, a grin spreading on the red-haired man's face.

              "Is this the first step we're seeing you take in terms of liking Christmas?" Will chuckled, handing back the snowman. "The next thing will be you showing up to work in Christmas sweaters, and singing Christmas carols with the kids that come in."

               "Oh dear Lord, no," Connor rolled his eyes, shoving the snowman into his bag instead of the pocket. "I only went out with her to get hot chocolate, I'm not a changed man."

              Will's eyes widened, along with the grin on his lips. "Connor Rhodes, you went out with a woman to get hot chocolate? And that during the Christmas season? I better call Charles, because you, my man, you're not well right now." He shook his head a little, before turning back to his own locker, shrugging off his white lab-coat. "Oh — and wait until Natalie hears about this! She is not going to believe me."

               "Let's keep it that way," Connor rolled his eyes.

               "So, are you going to see her again?" Will questioned, glancing over at his friend.

                "Tonight," Connor admitted, shoving his hands into the pockets of his coat. "She told me to come to her place, and she'd surprise me." He lifted his gaze, blue eyes landing on Will, who chuckled. "What — oh, God no, Will, not like that. She will not show up with a mistletoe and a slutty elf costume."

               "Hey, you said it, not me." Will shrugged, gathering his personal belongings. "What do you think she has in mind for you, though? I mean, is this whole thing some scheme to get you into liking Christmas?" Upon seeing Connor's nod, an impressed look slipped onto Will's face. "Wow, this girl really has some balls. Taking on the most stubborn surgeon in all of Chicago to make him like Christmas? Remind me to buy her a drink when you two end up on a double-date with me and Natalie."

               "Woah — who said anything about double dates?"

               "I did, and I'll make sure you remember," Will chuckled again. "Now, if you'll excuse me. I need to stop by the chinese place downtown to pick up Natalie's order for dinner." Connor watched as Will left the room, and found himself sighing. Shortly after, however, he was walking up the hall of his apartmentbuilding, only briefly stepping inside his own apartment to drop off his bag, before knocking on Eila's door.