Chapter 7

When Aizawa came down stairs the sight astonished him.

The stove was on fire, Eri was screaming at the sight, Emi was frantically running for the fire extinguishers, and again the stove was on fire.

As Emi put out the fire, she began laughing, "Well, I guess Mac n' cheese isn't going to happen."

"What did you do?" Aizawa said blankly, his jaw dropped in astonishment. The woman whirled and screamed.

"Eraser, you scared the crap outa me." She said faintly holding her heart.

"Emi, was going to make Mac n' cheese for us since we were hungry, but then the stove got fire!" Eri said frantically.

Aizawa watched as the girl latched on to the woman, her face burying into the woman's stomach. Aizawa looked at the two girls is sheer confusion.

"How did you manage to set the stove on fire?" He said to the woman, eyes blazing.

"Well, you see I got the burner on and yeah, then I saw a spider and picked up the pan and slammed it on to the terrible creature, then the macaroni kinda abandoned ship and caught ablaze." Emi explained.

"Clean it up. And next time leave the cooking to me, how did you even survive on your own?" He said. The woman made an indignant face before shrugging.

She set about cleaning while Aizawa made a sandwich for the young girl. They worked in silence, until Emi broke it.

"Chief said that we need to wait till we hear something incriminating before we can act. Once we do however, the police will back us up." She relayed as she finished cleaning the stove.

Aizawa nodded then he turned and walked to the room with the monitors hoping to hear just that.
________

Days went by and all they heard was small commentary like, "hey pass the milk' but nothing worth while popped up.

Aizawa and Emi took turns playing with Eri and resting, but there was constantly someone on the monitors recording the perps conversations.

They listened as the men, who quickly identified two of the members as Shibaki and Akedo, the suspects they were after, and listened as the men described in detail the murders they committed. But that was information they already had, they needed evidence of them planning to do it again.

And that day came two week past when they initially planted the devices.

Emi sat in the monitor room bored out of her mind as she tried to stay awake pretending to knit, just in case the suspects were watching them.

The monitor started to speak scaring her out of her skins.

"Listen, just got word from the boss, it's time to hit again." The man known as Shibaki hissed to his associates. A murder ran through the gathered men, one of sheer excitement and glee.

Emi hurried to write everything down as they discribed the place they were going to hit in two days, a school in the smaller district of Jaku City.

She recorded every single detail. And when the men stopped talking she pressed the button on the monitor to silence the static, and she raced down stairs.

"Aizawa!! They are moving!"

The man turned and smiled.

Finally, he thought, they're making their move.

Together they called the Chief and relayed the information.

"Thank you, we'll get the warrant for their arrest and we'll evacuate the school and lie in wait, you may come home and prepare for the siege." The chief said a hint of pride in his voice.

The two ended the call and went to gather their things then that night they departed from the house. Eri was sad to go but she almost instantly fell asleep in the truck.

They made the trip in silence unsure at what to say.

When they got home, they dropped Eri off at the UA dorms and Aizawa had his problem child watch over the young girl.

Then they headed to the station, pulled up, discarded the vehicle, and entered the large building. Inside was a loud jumbled mess of beeping computers and bustling people.

They walked through the mayhem and arrived at the briefing room. In the room was a variety of who's who hero's.

Endeavor, Hawks, Death Arms, Mt. Lady, Kamini Woods, Deadlock, and themselves. They're were other hero's, but they were minor ones who didn't have as much recognition as the others.

The chief was briefing them on the new advancements based on the report Joke and Eraserhead had compiled.

Everyone listened, and then worked through the night thinking of a plan to draw out the ringleader and take down the culprits at the same time.

Soon the day had arrived, the night before, the hero's and officers set up the school, they hid in a variety of class rooms and waited.

After what seemed like hours, they all heard a door open down the hall.

They were here. The hero's and officer stiffened and subtly moved to get in position.

Emi was in the second classroom on the right of the main hall. She waited as the offered signaled her group of hero's which consisted of Mt. Lady and Eraser.

The footsteps in the hall all began drawing closer and closer with each step, until they suddenly stopped, and a door opened and a shot rang out as the officers screamed out the warrant.

All hell broke loose. Doors of the hall flew open and the officers and hero's stormed the suspects. The Villians fired their weapons and the officers returned fire, and the hero's engaged in hand to hand.

The suspects had brought a small group off trained fighters and the fight turned out to be more problematic than usual. As Emi used her quirk and physical prowess to take down the suspects she began to notice something.

The villains weren't responding to her quirk. The didn't even crack a smile, she then notice something else.

In the ears of the villains were small earplugs.

It was like they knew what her quirk could do, and they came prepared.

But how did they know she'd be here in the operation.

In her thought a solid hit landed on her face. The woman coughed up blood as the force hit her, sending her reeling across the hall.

She launched back at the offender, wrapping her body around him and securing him in a hold that put him to sleep, before cuffing him.

She looked around as the police and her fellow hero's did the same.

That day they apprehended the suspects but the group left uneasy as Aizawa reminded them that the ringleader was still out there.

Emi returned home to an empty house, all her stuff was there but her ex-boyfriend was gone. Locking the door she sunk onto her bed.

The hammer of a gun clicked into place beside her and she shot up.

How? There was no one here but her!

"You know you never did ask me what my quirk was."