Chapter 8

"You know, you never asked what my quirk was." A hard voice came from her side.

She turned slowly to see her ex-boyfriend sitting next to her the barrel of the gun pointed at her head.

"W-what are you doing?" She said shaking. The man chuckled and looked back down at her.

"Isn't obvious. I'm going to kill you. Then I'm going to disappear, maybe start up another gang and I don't know massacre a school, since you oh-I don't know- got in my way."

She gasped, "You wouldn't!"

He let out a chuckle,"Wouldn't I?" He urged her to her feet and moved her in to the small living room and roughly shoved her to the couch.

She whimpered slightly as her head snapped against the couch. He kept the gun as he rummaged through some of her stuff.

"W-what is you quirk?" She asked trying to buy time to think. She looked around her apartment in a panic searching for something-anything she could use.

"Well since you won't last the night, it's Presence. I can hide my presence from anyone. A skill I find that comes in handy. Don't you think?" The gun shook in fro t of her face and Emi felt panic rush in her chest.

"So you... you were behind it all? The attack at the were housed, and school. You endangered so many children." She said flinching as the gun touched her temple.

"Well, I guess it's a good thing you and that man were at that farm house wasn't it." He said cruelly.

"Yeah, don't think I didn't know. I picked up on it after you ran away, my men said that police activity had suddenly shifted away from us and on to normal crime."

Emi gasped, "Those men said that their boss was held up that day."

"Hmm, well you see, that tends to happen when you get apprehended for a domestic violence charge cause your girlfriend was a bitch and went to the cops." He said shoving the barrel harder into her head.

"Now. I think it's about time to bring your circus to an end, hm little clown girl." The revolver clicked back, Emi felt her eyes slam closed.

She didn't want to see his face, probably full of cruel amusement. She refused to meet those eyes. As the gun went off she didn't scream, she wouldn't give him that satisfaction.

However the damnedest thing happened, after the gun fired she took a breath. A living non-painful breath.

Opening her eyes she saw Aizawa. The man had tackled her ex and held his gun hand firmly on the ground. He perched over the other man and was securing him.

She looked at the broken window, and flashed her eyes to the door as officers pushed through.

The apprehended the subject, and Emi sat there numb, until Aizawa wrapped warm arms around her stiff body.

"Emi. It's going to be alright." He murmured into her ear. She felt tears run from her eyes as she wrapped shaking arms around him.

Aizawa stayed by her side as the police took her statement. He stayed as the left and he made her follow him to his car.

"I'm not leaving you alone tonight Emi." He said sternly as he shut the car door. Hopping in the drivers side he drove them to the dorms where his students meet them at the entrance and began to make tea and food for her.

Little Eri barreled into her hugging her tightly, "Emi! Your okay! Daddy said on the phone that he was going to follow you and make sure you got home okay."

Emi glanced back at the indifferent man and saw him blush slightly.

The girls of class 1A grabbed Emi and Eri and sat them down on the couch as they began serving them tea, telling the oblivious child they were having a tea party. Then they began braiding the woman's and child hair.

The boys were all franticly rushing to and from to make food and not burn the kitchen down.

While one boy was in charge of a small kid with purple grape like balls on his head who had not taken his eyes off the group of girls.

Emi felt herself let go as the students tended to her and laughed as some of the kids started fighting causing Aizawa to bark at them like a angry dad.

Soon though the kids were told to go to bed, and it was just Emi and Aizawa.

"Well, we're alone." Emi voiced trying to not feel awkward around the man she literally spent weeks with in a house.

But he had saved her when she was vulnerable and she felt terrible knowing she could never repay him.

"Yeah." He said shortly staring at the table in front of them. Well she guessed the awkward state had fallen between them anyway.

"Hey Emi." He said his voice almost deathly soft. She jumped and looked at him.

"Yeah Aizawa?"

"Shota."

She froze. If this was a year ago she would have died right there getting to call him by his first name. He sensed her shock but continued.

"I have been thinking." He started. Turning his tired eyes on her. Reaching up he pushed his hair out of his face.

"I feel like I have gotten a better view of you I. These past few weeks than I have in a life time with someone else." He began making direct eye contact that made the woman stir.

"And every time I think of anything you pop up with your terrible cooking, and crazy morning hair, even that look you get when you concentrate. I guess I heard what that guy said about you and I want to tell you that your none of those things he called you."

She felt her heart tighten.

"Well, I know that I am kinda negative at times but in the life you promised at the licensing exam, I want to give you a life of endless smiles and be the rock you can hold when that smile falters. Emi. I love you. In fact you make it impossible to not love you. Please be my other half. One that brings me endless annoyed smiles."

She gasped and grabbed him, as he said the words she had asked him for years.

"Marry me."

__________
A/N

Hey y'all I'm back!!

This is it Behind the laugh has come to an end. I wanna thank everyone for encouraging me to write with you views and supportive comments. I know it's only nine chapters, but I have other books I am working on and this was a book to test out how far I've grown since 2014.

And this journey would never have been successful with out y'all's views and supportive comments so thank you for giving me more confidence in my self.

Thank you again!!! Love y'all!