Chapter 8

Hermione's Pov:

I hold Lyra in my arms, as she has become clingy to me again and Scorpius decides to hold my hand as we walk towards Neville and Luna.

I know that Luna was very accepting when I told her about my relationship with Draco, and though it took Neville a little bit he did open up to the idea of Draco and I going out and he supported us as well. 

"Mommy, who are we going to see," Scorpius looks up at me.

"We are going to see Neville and Luna, they were my friends in school. They were very nice people," Draco cuts me off as I try to continue.

"And they were able to forgive me even though I did some not so good things."

I look up and smile and Draco who nods at me, and Scorpius lets go off my hand and goes to hold Draco's hand. Draco ruffles Scorpius's hair and Scorpius then frowns muttering that his dad messed up his hair.

"Like father like son," I mutter.

I walk up to a smaller table and I see Neville sitting down with a little boy next to him. I then see a head of long blonde hair with another little boy on her lap. 

"Hi Neville, Hi Luna."

Neville and Luna turn their heads and lift the boys of their lap.

"Hermione, oh wow it's been so so long, how are you."

"I'm good, how are you guys, and these your little boys.

They both come over and hug me, and are careful not to hurt Lyra. 

Luna nods her head, "Yes these are a little boys. They are twins and their names are Lorcan and Lysander, they just turned 3 years old."

Neville turns to Draco and shakes his hand, "Draco how are you."

"I'm good Neville, you?" Neville nods his head, and turns to me and asks about Lyra.

"This is Lyra she is 4, and this is Scorpius who is 5." 

Neville high-fives Scorpius who laughs, and I try to get Lyra to say high to Luna and Neville, so she gives them a small wave and a smile.

"Lyra is such a pretty name. We thought about that name for our daughter, but then decided that we want to go with a name starting with "N", so we are still deciding."

I turn to Luna and quickly glance at her stomach, "Are you..."

"Ya I'm about 4 1/2 months along, but I haven't starting showing yet. We found out the gender, and it's a girl so we are thrilled."

Draco and I both congratulate the two of them, and Scorpius and Lyra separated from us and went off the play with the twins.

Draco's Pov:

I have to admit, it has been nice catching up with Neville and Luna, and Luna doesn't seem to be as weird as before. 

After a few minutes, the kids come back to us, and complain that their feet are hurting, so they sit on our laps, and we try including them in our conversations as well.

"Well, Neville, Luna is was great to see ya'll we need to catch up one more time before we go back to Australia." Luna nods her head and hugs Hermione again and Neville nods his head at me.

Scorpius and Lyra hold each others hands and walk in front of Hermione and I. Hermione spots Ginny and Harry and we start walking towards them.

"I'm kind of nervous Draco." I look at Hermione who is now biting down on her bottom lip, so I tell the kids to stop walking and go off into a corner for a few seconds.

"Hermione, love their is nothing to be nervous about. Even if they don't accept us who cares, you have me and Lyra and Scorpius." 

Hermione nods her head at me, and I lean down to kiss her cheek. The kids also come over with their eyebrows all scrunched up, "What's wrong mommy, if somebody was mean to you will go deal with them."

Lyra then follows Scorpius's lead, "Ya nobody hurts our mommy." Hermione giggle and kisses their cheeks, "Thank you my luvs, I love you guys."

She then turns to me and pecks me on the lips, "Thank you Draco I needed that. You are right. It didn't matter what they thought 10 years ago and it doesn't matter now."

She grabs my hands, and the kids walk next to us chattering about their own thing, and we walk towards one of the table in the back with loads of people.

"I see Harry and Ginny, oh and I see lots of little kids around them too. I see Ron!" I shake my head at Hermione's giddiness and laugh as we start to approach her friends and meet them after 10 years. 

Thank you for reading, and I apologize for a short chapter, but the next few will be a little more interesting. As usual, leave any suggestions in the comments :)

-Ag