Chapter 00: ℐ ℬℯ𝒸𝒶𝓂ℯ 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒯𝓎𝓇𝒶𝓃𝓉

"Hey, Lee Bong-Cha! Have you heard?"

"Hm? Heard what?"

"The Fandom says that if you vote for your favorite book and you pray for your favorite character's happiness you'll reincarnate into them in your next life!"

"Really? I don't exactly believe in that nonsense."I said laughing, of course, that was a lie, after I ended our call I started praying to be reincarnated into the life of the female lead as an extra in the story and living life without worry having all those men surround me would be surreal.

The book she comes from is a novel that is now popular and is in trending lists, it's name is, "The lady with a white mask," it's about a country bumpkin who lives her life as the daughter of a count named Marielise Blanchet and blah blah blah she ends up with the male lead who's the crown prince and lives happily ever after the end. My favorite character was the Villain at some point while reading it, but then it was directed towards the Female lead since he got killed like that Evil Tyrantess. Bleh.

"Sigh...I really would want to live the life of a country bumpkin and not have to worry about such things as rumors and kidnappings." I sighed and headed back out to my house walking silently down the streets of Gangnam for a family meeting that was called on that day.

[Why like something bad will happen today? wait-! it must be one of those times where-] I turned quickly only to realize that there was someone following me. I walked faster and faster but their footsteps were heavy and quick. 

[like a man's! it must be a man! I have to be careful. I can lose him on the next curve there's a garage nearby owned by a family I am familiar with! I'll try to distract him as though I'm drunk...I hope this works! if not I'll die!]

I walked faster towards the street alley but the person caught up to me and pulled me from behind pushing me onto the floor, I was scared, scared that he would do something to me. I was shaking uncontrollably but, took advantage of this and pulled the mask off to find the face of my fiancee, the man that I was to marry, I wasn't in love with him or anything but I'd thought that we could get along.

"Now that you know my face, I'll have to get rid of you," he said with a malicious smile, I kept shaking in place and tried to escape by grabbing my phone but it didn't work I remembered I had my watch and called out to Siri, "H-hey S-Siri! call emergencies-" I yelled but he walked over and stepped on my watch and was unable to call the police. 

[agh darn it! what was the use for Siri in a situation like this then!? CURSE YOU SIRI!!] I yelled as I clenched my fists, but that didn't make me any braver to confront the man in front of me.

He smirked and a knife was taken out from behind his jacket, I started to cry out of fear and he soon stabbed me near the chest, I felt my heart getting slower, my fingers couldn't move any longer, and my body felt cold, like I used to feel when I was reprimanded and alone. I gave up for once in my life, I gave up on something that would probably get me cursed by my family and my friends being disappointed in me. I was Weak in my last moments, So will I still be loved either way? All I wanted ever since I was a child was to be loved, is it wrong to at least want a bit of love?

[I'm sorry.]

The male's eyes widened in shock and averted his eyes from her now dead body and walked away.

"This was for your own good, Bong-Cha."

I lived in a rich Household and everyone was always busy, So my parents were "kind" and said, "Bong-Cha, your name is like that because you're supposed to be strong. We named you like that because when you were born you didn't cry, for a moment we thought you were dead," The Woman said as she caressed her daughter's hair lovingly, looking at her daughter's hands like chubby little marshmallows almost edible, "But you woke up and opened your eyes it was a miracle and even the Nurses couldn't believe it." She gushed, I was alarmed by those news, I would listen to my mother speak and with just her voice I'd fall asleep.