Chapter 01: Why aren't I OP?!

"Why has this meeting been called, while I was resting? Is it that important?" I asked demanding an answer as soon as I arrived at the room, everyone's eyes were on me. Most of them shocked at my demand.

"Answer me." I ordered, they looked at each other as if they held the answer but would not respond, [I remember Annalisa being described a Marionette in the novel. She was just another one of their puppets when she lost her father and mother due to the pandemic. That is still the current situation however, I too am feeling ill yet they've done nothing but bring trouble, What should I do to punish them?] I pondered long and hard, and suddenly had an idea of how to make this work.

[If I'm going to live here from now on I have to show them who's boss!]

"Are you ignoring your Empress?" I glared they shivered and one of them stood from their place, A simple extra in the story that gets killed in the end due to his incompetence of speaking up when need be. [Good seems like he's going to spill the beans.]

"Y-Y-Your Highness..! We're terribly sorry for calling unto this meeting but we've started to realize that we should send her highness away to the south of Dampierre to get her highness treated we--"

"Are you saying that I should leave my position as is and selfishly go and get myself healed?"

"Y-Your Highness..!"

"What a great idea!" I exclaimed, I just need to get away from the palace and by the time Marielise appears I won't be killed. As long as I'm not a tyrant I won't be killed and there will be no more obstacles, but what I need to figure out is the date.

"What date is it today, Count Sephyr?"

"I-it's Zephir Your Highness,"

"The Date?"

"Ah! Y-yes! It's May 30th of the 245th Imperial Year, Your Highness."

[Why is she suddenly interested in our affairs? All she's ever done is crawl around like the old hag she is.] They thought and looked at each other worriedly then at the Empress that was busy counting with her fingers. She looked up and remembered the year and exactly what happens, [This is around the time the Tyrantess gives away her wealth and power to the nobles as they control the Empress like a Marionette and control her mind and soul like it's theirs. I have to stop this corruption.]

"Well then, I'll take this from here on out."

"Your Highness?"

"What? Are you gonna stop me from ruling my own Empire now?"

"Of Course not..! Your Highness..." A man said as he stood from his chair fumbling with his fingers, "Report to me the current events, I'll listen." I said, these men stayed faithful to the past Emperor till their last breaths and deemed Annalisa useless and unworthy so they ignored her and did everything to rule the country and kingdom fairly.

"How is the Pandemic fairing? How many deaths? Infected?"

"W-Well, it seems there are about 1,463 commoners infected, 130 nobles and 2 knights from the imperial guard." Count Zephir stated, I pondered for a bit, [this must be happening due to the fact that the environment isn't cleansed regularly, due to that germs will stick to walls and blankets and will spread like wildfire. Normally they wouldn't know this until a female from the imperial Guard birngs it up, it was a female, she was extremely loyal to the Empress.]

"How many times a week are the streets and palace cleansed?"

"Um...Well the streets are cleaned 2 times a week and the palace is cleaned more than 5 times a week." A young noble spoke I nodded and thought back to what I could recollect on the information provided in the novel, I started to tremble and recognized that this was my limit.

"I will have to leave you gentleman for now, I'll Count Zephyr send me the documents relating to the Pandemic and current situation, Do not be tardy, I will still have to look over them, Now If you'll excuse me." I got up and flipped me hair back, the maids squealed, [Her Majesty is so cool! The way she walked in was incredible! How did she change in just one day?!]

"Hm?"

The Maids scurried to the door to open it for Annalisa and she headed into her room while talking to a Maid, "What's your name?"

"Magdalena. Your Highness."

"Magdalena, How much do you get paid?"

"Pardon?"

"What of your salary is what I mean." I corrected she looked down and answered, "it's 30 gold your Highness."

"Make it 50."

"Pardon me, Your Highness?" She stuttered, Magdalena was in complete and utter shock I smiled brightly at her even though my face was unattractive at the time. I showed her five fingers, "50 gold is to be your salary and for everyone else's." She sighed in relief and followed after me, I entered my room and kicked Magdalena out saying I could do this all by myself.

[Hey you!]

"What the? What was that?"

[Go out to the alleyway and find me, I'll be able to heal you right away.]

"Is this a prank? I'm not falling for that, Why should I believe that?"

[I said I would see you again, tch. Then you can stay there and die for all I care.]

"Laos?"

[What?]

"Hahahaha! So you did come back! So picky!" I exclaimed I prepared to head out, when I was about to open my chamber doors and leave, I saw tons of men in front of me.

"Your Highness! We've come to see you again!"

[Again? So this has happened before?]

"Agh...Right now I have business to attend to so I can't help you for now but please ask anything from Magdalena she'll try and serve you best she can. Please Excuse me."

"Your Highness! You can't leave without..!-"

"Magdalena, You can't stop me, I'm going wherever I want to go."

"What? No, Your Highness you forgot your ring! How else would you be able to hide your identity?" She stated flustered, I sighed and thanked Magdalena as I started to head out I placed my hood over my head and started to walk to the carriage prepared for me.

"Here, This is as far as we go George."

"Yes, Your Highness."

[Where is laos? I can't wait to see his chubby cheeks again.] I smiled brightly a shadow loomed over me as I turned around as quickly as I could, hands covered my mouth and dragged me into an alleyway.

Comment down below what you think of this story! Can't wait to see your thoughts and opinions! Bye!