Chapter One - A Decision For The Future

(A/U) Hello everyone. Decided to start another FanFic. A Christmas Pokémon gay ship. Jumping on the Gladion x Hau wagon. They're both cute and after reading the other FanFic stories about them, I decided to do the same. 

Enjoy! And don't forget to vote, comment and follow. Thanks :) xxx

Day still Christmas Day: 24

19:04

Hau'oli Beach

It's a dark, cold night in the Alola region. The calm sea waves brushing against the golden sands of Hau'oli beach. The moon lighting up the night sky. The only sounds that can be heard are the waves, the sounds of various Pokémon and the faint sound of people back on the streets of Hau'oli City. It is the night of the 1st December. The countdown to Christmas has begun. Everyone is excited. Everyone is happy. Well... almost everyone.

Standing on the beach, staring out at the never-ending sea, was a young man, thinking. He didn't care much for Christmas. It was never really something that he enjoyed, not since he was a child. Back then, things were different. Waking up on Christmas morning, opening presents with his family, Christmas dinner. It was actually a lovely time, but, it's not like that now. Even more so this year. His father was missing, so, his sister decided to go and search for him, and his mother, well, he hasn't spoken to his mother for years. He hadn't really been "part" of the family for quite a while now. He went his own way, travelling around Alola, training, desperate to get stronger. Part of him always had a sense of guilt for leaving. He really hated leaving his sister with their mother but, he had to leave. She was trying to control him and change who he was. He needed to escape.

He had changed a lot though. Met some nice people. I guess he could call them "friends". Although, he always keeps his distance from people. Never fully trusting and not opening up to others. It saved him from disappointment. It saved him from the pain. Also, it made it easier for him to leave.

That's right. On the 27th December, in 26 days, he'll be leaving. He wants to go on an adventure, he wants to see the world. He read an article in a travel magazine about the Galar region. The writer of the article talked excitedly about the region, with pictures of Motostoke, the capital city of Wyndon, Hulbury, the beautiful Wild Area, the Crown Tundra, the Isle of Armour and the Gym Challenge. It all looked amazing, it made his heart race. This is where he wants to go. He wants to discover new Pokémon, explore Galar, enter the Gym Challenge, and more importantly, get stronger.

He had his ticket, he was ready to go. Just had to get through Christmas and then it would be off to adventure. The good thing about being alone is that there are no goodbyes, no sadness, no feelings of abandonment. He would be able to just slip off without looking back. He grinned. Determination in his eyes.

"Gladion!"a voice in the distance shouted.

Gladion snapped out of his intense thoughts and turned round to see who was calling him. It was dark so, his line of sight wasn't completely clear, but he knew exactly who it was.

Hau, a big ball of excitement, was running franticly towards Gladion. Hands waving in the air, drawing attention to himself. Upon reaching Gladion, Hau kneeled over with his hands on his thighs. He was completely out of breath. Gladion rolled his eyes. He wasn't overly surprised. Hau was overexcitable all the time, always full of energy. Although, it was endearing. Kind of made Gladion smile a little. That's a little weird. Why did he smile like that? He did like Hau, or, maybe didn't mind him is a better way of putting it, and sure,they did get a little close in recent months, but, still, that wasn't enough to warrant that kind of smile.