Chapter Eight: 14 Days

(A/N) Hey guys, welcome to Chapter Eight. Hope you all are well and getting more excited about Christmas. Shout out to Apriliyuu

Days Until Christmas Day: 12

10:56

Gladion's Flat

Life is good. Gladion is happy. Hau is happy. All is well in the world. Gladion has been waking up with a smile on his face. He never thought this would be happening, but there it is.

There's just one small, tiny, issue. He still hasn't told Hau that he's leaving for Galar in 14 days. Everytime he tries to tell him, something gets in the way or Hau just looks so damn cute that he can't bare to kill that smile. It's going to get worse the longer he leaves it. He keeps telling himself that.

He takes his phone and opens up the Galarian Airways app. He's looking at the boarding pass.

Check-in Opens in 13 days

He stares at it intently. He's been waiting for this for so long. Eager to start his adventure. But... What does he do about Hau? He loves him, he doesn't want to leave him. Part of him thinks maybe he should cancel the trip, and not go. But he really wants to go. He yearns to go on this adventure.

"Why doesn't~"

*bzz bzz bzz bzz bzz bzz*

Lillie is video calling....

"Hey Lillie..."

"Well hello there, lover boy!"

"Please don't call me that."

"That's what Hau calls you when he talks about you *giggles*"

"He's different! He can call me that!" he responded looking away embarrassed.

Lillie just laughed: "Well, Hau has been sending me all the pictures of you two together. It's so cute. I've never seen you like that before. You look really happy"

"I am, Lillie. I really am."

"So, uhm... What does this mean about your trip? You said you weren't really sure if you wanted to start anything with Hau because you were leaving. Did you's work something out?"

"I...haven't told him"

"Gladion, no! What were you thinking!? Oh no no no! Hau's going to be so heartbroken! How could you do that!?"

Lillie looked angry

"I know. I know. I'm scum!"

"He's going to be mad. He's going to think you played him!"

Gladion sunk into the couch. He's going to think I played him. He thought. That'll be twice he's done that. Gladion started to cry.

"Gladion? Why are you crying?"

"I don't want to break his heart. I don't want him to be mad. I love him. I don't want to be without him. I want him to come with me!"

"What?"

"Yeah... I do... I want him to come with me. I want him to explore Galar with me."

"Wow!"

"That's what I'll get him for Christmas! I'll surprise him on Christmas Day. Do you think he'd like that? Would he go?"

"I'll be honest, Gladion. I'm not sure about this. He's not like you. He has a life here."

Gladion's bubble burst at those words...

"Hau has roots here, he has his own plans. He might not be willing to just up and leave everything with 2 days notice. Plus, I think he'll be quite upset if you leave it till Christmas Day to tell him. Especially since you were planning to leave the whole time"

"Then what do I do, Lillie!?"

"I'm sorry Gladion. I don't know. You really need to figure this out yourself."

"OK... thanks anyway"

"And Gladion... Please don't delay telling him. It'll just get so much worse."

"I know... Bye"

Ending the call, Gladion lies back into the couch. Is Lillie right? Of course, he'll be upset, but would he refuse to go? Gladion accepts that it would be harder for Hau to leave than for him. And he wouldn't want Hau to feel like he has to go if he's not comfortable. Gladion yells out in frustration.
He opens up the Galarian Airways app again and stares at his boarding pass.

*thinking thinking thinking thinking*

He sits up from the couch.

He has a plan.