Chapter Seven: A Happier New Day

Days Until Christmas Day: 19

07:30

Gladion's Flat

The alarm in Gladion's phone rings out, disrupting him from his slumber. He opens his eyes and there is a smile on his face. Replaying last night. He hasn't felt this happy for, what seems like a long time. He is genuinely happy. He sits up and picks up his phone. There is already a text from half an hour ago. Gladion chuckled. A good morning text from Hau. That over-excitable ball of sunshine.

"Goodmorning handsome! Can't wait to see you tonight xxxx"

Gladion's face turned bright red. Hau is so cute. He can't wait to see him tonight. It makes him feel giddy about it. Today is going to be a long day. He types out (well, attempts to) just as cute a message back to Hau before getting up and getting ready to face the day. Today was going to be an intense training day. Part of his final preparations before leaving for the Galar region.

"Oh..." he suddenly said to himself. He hasn't told Hau about that yet. He did keep telling himself that he shouldn't start anything with Hau while he has the plan to leave. But... When he saw Hau last night. All that flew away. He was happy to find him, he wanted to say he was sorry. As selfish as this sounds, he wanted... Him.

Gladion buried his face into his hands. This was a disaster. He's messed up again. He wants Hau but... He still wants to go to Galar. He doesn't know what to do. But he has to tell Hau. He'll need to find the right moment... Somehow.

*********************
17:00

Rest and Be Thankful Malasada Café, Hau'oli City

The young couple are sitting in a booth by the window. Hau is stuffing his face with sweet malasadas. Gladion is just watching him with love.

"Slow down, you'll choke!" Gladion chuckles, leaning over to wipe away some of the crumbs on Hau's cheek.

Hau just giggled and winked at him, causing him to blush a little.

"You're so cute when you blush"

Gladion just scoffed, which made Hau giggle again.

Gladion continues to look at his boyfriend with love and admiration. He's never felt this way before. Part of him never thought he would ever experience love. But the smile suddenly disappeared, he really needs to tell him. He can't delay it. The longer he leaves it, the worse it'll be.

"What's wrong?" Hau said interrupting his thoughts.

"N-Nothing..."

"But why are you sad? Somethings bothering you..." Hau said concerned.

Gladion took hold of Hau's hand and squeezed and gave him a smile:

"Honestly, it's nothing"

Hau nodded.

"Come on. Let's finish up and go for a walk." Gladion said.

********************
19:21

The couple are walking along the beach, hand-in-hand. The sun has set, the moon continues it's rise into the sky. The waves are calm. This is perfect. The sounds of Pokémon and people. The beachside restaurants lighting lamps. Hau is loving it.
He glances over at Gladion with loving smile. Gladion glances back at Hau and gives him a light kiss on the cheek.

One of the restaurants started playing music. Christmas songs naturally.

Hau stopped and looked round to listen.

"Fairytale of Castelia. I love that song." Hau said, glancing back at Gladion: "Dance with me!".

"No way! I don't dance!" Gladion responded shaking his head.

"Pleeeeaaasssseeee! This song is so beautiful. Dance with me, Gladion!" He begged.

Gladion sighed. How could he refuse.

"Fine! But don't laugh" Gladion instructed.

Hau smiled, grabbing Gladion's hand. Gladion didn't like dancing, but he did admit to himself that he liked the intimacy. He was planning to tell Hau about leaving for Galar, but, the dancing, the twirling around. It made Hau really happy. It made him really happy. He didn't want to ruin their romantic moment.

So, he set that aside for now and the two continue to dance:

*~The boys of the CCPD choir, start singing Hulbury Bay. And the bells are ringing out, for Christmas Day~*