Chapter Nine: The Plan

(A/N) Hello again guys, here's Chapter Nine. I really hope you're enjoying the story. Please let me know your thoughts. Don't forget to vote and follow. And feel free to check out my other stories :) xxx

Days Until Christmas Day: 7

11:51

Hau'oli City Beach

The sun's out, the sky is bright with a cool breeze to remind Alolans that it's winter. The young couple are on the beach having a romantic... Oh wait!

"Silvally! Use Metal Claw!" With a growl, Silvally runs towards Decidueye, it's claws poised to attack.

"Dodge it, Decidueye! Counter with Spirit Shackle"
Decidueye leaps into the air, avoiding Silvally's attack before using it's move.

"Grr...!" Squealed Silvally after it's hit by the attack.

"No! Silvally, break free!" Gladion shouts but Silvally is trapped, unable to move.

"Let's finish this, Decidueye! SKY ATTACK!" Hau yells pumping his fist into the air with excitement.
Decidueye absorbs the sunlight, enveloping itself in a bright light before diving at speed towards Silvally.

"Silvally! You need to get out of there!" Gladion pleads, but Silvally is still trapped, it can't move. Decidueye closes in fast. Time is up, it's too late, the move connects with its target. There's an explosion of sand and dust. Gladion and Hau protect their eyes from the dust. Once it cleared, they looked. Silvally had fainted.

"YES! I WIN!" Hau cheers. "Decidueye, you're awesome!" Running towards Decidueye, hugging it.

Gladion walks over to Silvally, who looks disappointed. "You were great, Silvally. Thank you so much." He says with a smile, petting it's head before returning it to it's Pokéball. Gladion stands up and walks over to Hau, wrapping his arm around him and placing a kiss in his lips.

"Well Done!" He said with a smile.

Hau just giggled.

They decide to walk to the Pokémon Centre. They have no plans with each other this afternoon because Hau is meeting Mallow for lunch. Gladion has plans too, but he isn't telling Hau about it.

He's decided he wants to ask Hau to come to Galar with him, but it's a surprise. He has taken what Lillie said into account. But, he has decided to try anyway.
Today, he is going to talk to Hau's grandpa, Kahuna Hala. He is going to ask his permission to take Hau to Galar. He knows Hau might have a hard time leaving but maybe if his grandpa is on board, it might help eleviate some fears. (He hopes anyway).

After leaving Hau, he got the bus to Iki Town, and nervously made his way to Hau's home. A sense of deja vu comes over him.

Familiar scenes of last time he was here.

He knocks on the door and after a few seconds, the sound of footsteps can be heard. The door open's and Kahuna Hala stands before him:

"Oh! Young Gladion, nice to see you again. Hau isn't here. I'd have thought you'd know that *chuckles*"

"I know, Kahuna Hala. I'm actually here to speak to you, if you have a moment?" Gladion asks nervously.

"Of course, come in. I'll make us some tea"

Gladion is sitting in the livingroom, while Kahuna Hala is making tea. Gladion has never been here before. He looks around his new surroundings. The walls are painted a red brick colour. Not too light, not too dark. There is a fireplace, a TV in the corner, and there are loads of pictures. He stands to walk over to nosey at all the picture frames. There are some of Kahuna Hala when he was younger, his wedding picture too. There are pictures of Hau as a little boy. Gladion smiled. Hau was such a cute child. He's still the same ball of energy and sunshine as he was then. One picture caught his eye though. It's a picture of Hau as a very young child, but who are the couple? His parents? Hau has never mentioned his parents before.

"Hau was a very cute child" Kahuna Hala said.

Gladion jumped in shock: "Sorry!"

"No no, it's fine. Pictures are meant to be looked at." Kahuna Hala said walking over to the picture Gladion was looking at.

"This is Hau with his mum and dad"

"If you don't mind me asking... Hau has never mentioned his parents. Why?"

Kahuna Hala sighed. Pondering for a moment:

"Hau was 2 in that picture. About a year after that picture was taken, Hau's father abandoned them. His mother was completely heartbroken, she got severely depressed. Stopped looking after herself, and Hau. She blamed him for his father leaving. It got really bad. She tried to smother him in his sleep."

Gkadion gasped. His eyes flooded with tears.

"Social Services had to get involved..." Kahuna Hala continued. "His mother got sectioned and I took in Hau and raised him."

"That's...awful!" Gladion cried.

"Hau has never got over it. Understandably, of course. He built up walls. Suffers from a little bit of abandonment issues. A bit depressed. Well... until he met you"

Gladion wipes the tears from his eyes. No wonder Hau is the way he is. He was more determined than ever with his decision. He wants Hau to come with him to Galar. He doesn't want to leave him. He wants Hau to be happy and he thinks this will make him happy.

"So, young Gladion. Sit, you came to speak to me. I'm all ears"

Gladion sat down and took a sip of the tea, gathering his thoughts.

"Kahuna Hala. On the 27th December, I'm leaving for the Galar region. I had planned this for a while, before I started dating Hau. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. However, I've decided that I want Hau to come with me. I've bought him a ticket... I love Hau very much, and I don't want to leave him. I want to be with him and I know he wants to be with me. So, I've come to ask for your blessing to take him to Galar with me."

Kahuna Hala listened intently. He thought for a moment.

"Why do you think you need my blessing?" Kahuna Hala asks.

"... Because Hau loves you, he looks up to you. He loves Alola and I fear he might not want to leave everything. So, I thought if you were on board, he might feel better about it."

"I see..." Kahuna Hala responds. Thinking about his response. "Hau is almost 18, he is old enough to make his own decisions. I personally think it would be good for him. It's very good for young people to go out and explore the world they live in. I did that. It's great experience and you'll come back stronger and have a better understanding of Pokémon."

Gladion smiles.

"However... I need to ask... Does Hau know that you are planning to leave?" Kahuna Hala asks concerningly.

"Uhm... No. I couldn't find the right moment. But, now that I've decided that I want him to come with me, I want to surprise him. The ticket is going to be my Christmas present to him"

"Ah!" Kahuna Hala says. "Well, I would urge caution. How you tell him will be extremely important. I think that you should maybe tell him before Christmas. The reason I say this is because he might be upset that you didn't tell him in the first place. Also, he might be a little uneasy about having 2 days notice. I won't interfere. You do what you think is right. I just wanted to put my thoughts into it"

"Thank you, Kahuna Hala. I really appreciate your time"

Saying their goodbyes, Gladion left to head back home. Taking everything into account. He now needs to decide what he wants to do.