4

A male who looked dashingly handsome in uniform leaned back on his seat, arms folded across his chest; his left ankle rested above his right knee. A faint, amused smile adorned his lips as he gazed at the detective who sat across him.

"What were you doing here at 5: 20 PM yesterday, Officer Jeon?" Dahyun asked, giving him a cynical look.

Dahyun is a gentle soul, but when it comes to her job, she's a completely different persona. Now she was in her 'serious investigator' mode; she was a bit intimidating looking all cold and serious, but Officer Jeon Jungkook thought she was rather cute.

"Detective Park called me over to his place to discuss about the fraud case we're currently working on," he answered calmly.

"Oh, right," Dahyun said. "Detective Park lives in this building, too."

"He does?" Officer Boo Seungkwan, who was still faithfully taking notes, butted in.

"Mmm," Jungkook nodded. "Just below this floor. Apartment no. 5."

"But that doesn't explain why you were here at the 3rd floor when Detective Park lives at the 2nd," Seungkwan pointed out.

"Well about that, he told me to get the cupcakes he ordered from Mrs. Im Yoona. I waited there for about 10 minutes."

"Didn't you notice anything weird when you were there? Saw something strange? Or heard a gunshot perhaps?" Dahyun interrogated.

Jungkook rubbed his chin, seemingly trying to recall what had happened yesterday. He then shook his head as he spoke, "All I heard were loud drums and rock music. There was nothing strange."

"You were the only one in the hallway at that time? Are you sure?"

"Oh, I remember something!" He exclaimed, shifting to sit upright as he leaned his arms on the table before him. "I saw a woman passing by the hallway when I was about to leave the floor."

"What time was that?"

"About 5:30, I guess."

"Who was it? Was it one of them?" Dahyun slid each of the neighbors' polaroid photos on the table in front of Jungkook.

He checked out each one of the photos until he pointed at a familiar face. He showed it to Dahyun as he spoke, "It was her if I'm not mistaken."

Dahyun quirked a brow. "Miss Moon Byul-yi?"

____

3:20 PM - Moon Byul-yi saw Kim Seokjin enter Na Gasu's flat

4:00 PM - Seokjin left the flat just as Younghyun arrived

4:30 PM - Seokjin left the building to attend a family dinner

5:20 PM - Officer Jeon came to get cupcakes from Mrs. Im Yoona

5:30 PM -  Officer Jeon saw Moon Byul-yi by the hallway

5:00 - 6:00 PM  - estimated time of murder

Dahyun scanned the small notepad where Officer Boo wrote the timeline of the suspects' alibis and all the important information they got so far. Each of the neighbors' alibis was confirmed by the camera footage on the elevator, and as of now, their prime suspect is Na Gasu's ex-girlfriend, Moon Byul-yi. However, Dahyun hasn't got a grasp onto any physical proof that she might be the culprit. Besides, what could a skinny woman do to a former hitman/serial murderer?

"The culprit could be Kang Younghyun," Officer Boo suggested.

Seeing that Dahyun paid attention to him and anticipated his words, Seungkwan continued,  "Kang Younghyun must've grew tired dealing with Na Gasu's complaints of his loud rock music every weekend so Younghyun decided to finish him off so the latter couldn't complain anymore."