5

"What exactly is this about?" Detective Park crossed his arms across his chest, arriving at Na Gasu's living room where Dahyun had call to gather the neighbors and the officers who were involved in working on the case.  "If this is something about you're murder theory, I--"

"It is, Detective Park," Dahyun cut him off. "This wasn't suicide. Someone murdered Na Gasu and I know who the culprit is."

Everyone in the room payed attention to the detective. Although most of them were confused and surprised at how the simple suicide case turned out to be murder and how Detective Kim Dahyun knew about it, they anticipated her explanation. Detective Park Jinyoung raised a brow, looking at her as if giving her permission to continue speaking.

"One of you," Dahyun darted her eyes at the four neighbors, "Came in Na Gasu's apartment around 5 o'clock yesterday. Particularly you, Miss Moon Byul-yi."

"W-What?" The woman gasped. "I--"

"You came with the excuse that you wanted to talk and apologize to him for your break-up 2 months ago," Dahyun continued. "5-6 PM was Na Gasu's usual sleeping time, that's why he often complained about Mr. Kang's loud music because it prevented him from sleeping. Yesterday, though, he was already wearing pajamas when he let you in, Miss Moon. You urged him to take the sleeping pills you bought that could help him doze off and he drank it just as you wished, oblivious of your intentions and unaware that those pills were just the first step of your plan that would make him sleep forever."

Moonbyul broke out in cold sweat, hearing Dahyun's narrative. She could feel the others intense gazes on her. Her neighbors were looking at her with a questioning look, as if asking her if what the detective deduced was true. Feeling entirely nervous and uneasy, she could only clutch hands around the hem of her sweater. She looked away, unable to meet Dahyun's gaze and that action alone arouse suspiciousness among the group of people gathered on the room.

Not being able to bare the guilt and her conscience piercing her,  she sighed heavily as she finally confessed, "All of what Detective Kim said were true. I dated Na Gasu only for money. I... I needed money. My salary from my part-jobs are just enough to cover for my apartment rent and I needed more money to pay off the debt my deceased parents left. Na Gasu lend me money whenever I needed, until I felt guilty and decided to end our relationship. "

Tears were brimming in Moonbyul eyes, threatening to come out any second. She swallowed the lump in her throat before continuing, " At first I didn't know where he got the money when he didn't even have a job but soon I learned that he was that wanted Red Rose serial killer and... a-and I needed one million dollars. I did make him drink those sleeping pills but I was not the one who shot him. I swear, it was not me!" She pleaded.

"Of course it was not you. You're just an accomplice, Miss Moon. The real murderer is still here in this very room," Dahyun said matter-of-factly. "He was knowledegeable of Na Gasu's capabilities as a hitman and attacking him alone and up front wouldn't be the smartest move. That's why the culprit chose an accomplice -- someone who wouldn't pose as a threat to Na Gasu; someone whom the victim knew well and was comfortable with -- in this case, it was you Miss Moon Byul-yi. And it just so happens that Miss Moon was also in need of one million dollars. The culprit wanted Na Gasu dead while Miss Moon could have the one million dollar cash reward. It was a win-win situation."

"The sleeping pills instantaneously induced sleepiness to Na Gasu and on Miss Moon's cue, the culprit entered the apartment. The culprit lives on the 2nd floor, particularly below Na Gasu's apartment. From his balcony, he climbed up to Na Gasu's balcony where he successfully entered the apartment."

Mingyu, Jungkook, some police officers, and even Seokjin and Younghyun walked over to check the balcony.

"But that's impossible..." Seokjin said quietly, confused. "The distance between the 2nd and 3rd floor is roughly 3 meters. How could anyone be able to climb that without a ladder?"