Sadice - Promises

The look on Arden's face told me I'd done the right thing. The heat in her gaze lit a fire between my legs.

Without a word, she lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around her. I took her face in my hands and her mouth with mine and kissed her until our breathing became ragged. She took me to the dirt bed and laid me down, pinning me under her. Sliding my dress up, she slipped her hand up my leg until her fingers reached that sweet spot and I trembled violently as her thumb stroked my already slick swelling.

I pulled and tugged at her shirt until it came off and then did the same with mine and our breasts slid softly against each other as we moved.

Gripping her hair with one hand, I slid my other down between her legs and under her pants until I, too, found her wet and ready warmth, opening to me like a flower. She groaned and pushed against me as I gasped and panted and writhed under her, desire and sensation pulsing and building as we lost ourselves in each other.

With helpless cries and uncontrollable shudders, we came together, our souls meeting in ecstasy.

We spent the rest of the night together, bringing each other to breaking and then release over and over until, exhausted and spent, we fell asleep.

*

I woke to sunlight leaking through cracks in the shutters. Arden was gone, but I knew she had stayed for a while. She had woken me once with her nightmares, but the bed worked well and we weathered it without incident. I had fallen asleep again in her arms.

With a groan, I sat up and pulled clothes on. I ached all over and I relished the feeling. Giddiness bubbled up and I laughed softly to myself as I opened the door and stepped out. Arden was standing a short distance off, sun glinting off her hair and arms. She turned when she heard me approach and smiled.

I wrapped my arms around her neck and kissed her. Twisting in her arms, I clasped her hands in front of me and laid my head back on her shoulder.

"I could do that again," I told her.

She kissed the top of my head. "So could I."

I turned my head into her neck and closed my eyes. "I could do that every night for eternity."

She hugged me tighter and bent her head to kiss my lips. "So could I."

It was more than agreement. It was a promise.