8| Akira Kunimi

You stood and cheered as your team took its place on the court

You stood and cheered as your team took its place on the court. "Go hinata! Go kags!" You yelled at the two first years you smiled back at you and waved. "I am nervous for this match" yachi voiced next to you causing you to turn to her. "Why? Who do we play?" You asked. Realization hit that you didn't know the next opponent. "Seijoh" she said and your heart dropped to your stomach. You turned and saw him taking his spot on the court and he caught your eye before you quickly looked away. Akita Kunimi, your ex boyfriend. You both had been together for a year before he dumped you. He said he needed to focus on volleyball, but he had got another girlfriend two weeks later. She stood a good distance away. You glanced at her. There was no doubt she was gorgeous, she has a pretty smile, perfect body, good heart. She was everything that you felt self-conscious about. The game began and there was no lead, both teams stayed neck and neck. It was seijohs ball, and kunimi was serving. "Woo! Go kunimi-chanie" the girl cheered with a large smile. Kunimi smiled awkwardly at her but you saw through it. "He hates being cheered for before he serves...it makes him nervous" you whispered to yourself and looked down. The game advanced and it was down to set point. Karasuno was at set point and you felt your anxiety spike. The set lasted forever before Hinata scored the final point and the gymnasium filled with screams. You quickly ran down and jumped into suga's arms. You both were crying and you went around and gave all the members right hugs until you reached the final two. You tightly hugged Kageyama and hinata and they embraced you in the same fashion. "I'm so proud of you both" you said as you pulled away. You smiled through teary eyes at the two before Kageyama ruffled your hair and kissed your forehead. Both boys then walked to the bench to drink water when you looked over at the other side. The boys were sobbing and you truly felt bad. You ran over to both Iwaizumi and Oikawa. "Y-you played amazing" you stuttered out to the third years. You were close to the team when you were dating Kunimi but they haven't seen you since you both broke up. You could tell they were both bitter but they wouldn't dare take it out on you. Oikawa hugged you then Iwa. "Bye y/n-ie! Be safe" Oikawa said as they walked to rejoin their team. You once again met Kunimi's eyes. The same ones who broke your heart, tore it out and seemed to stomp on it. You fell into a deep depression and thought that you would never find happiness again. "Y/n!" You turned to see the whole team staring at you with a smile. You couldn't help the large grin that broke out on your face. You were wrong, they changed everything, these amazing boys. You ran over and were the center of a large group hug. "I love you guys" you stated and they all smiled, even Tsukishima. You realized that you were going to be okay, these boys kept you grounded. "We love you y/n!" They shouted in unison and you giggled in response.

Kunimi watched from across the court as they packed up their things after their heart-wrenching loss. He felt a presence approach him and saw Oikawa. Kunimi kept his gaze on you. You stood with Kageyama as you smiled up at him. "You missed out on a good girl" the captain stated bluntly. "Yes, g/n is a good girl, but she wants y/n, and I think deep down you know it" Oikawa voiced before leaving the first year with a heavy heart because deep down, he too knew that you were special and he let you go.

———————————
665 words