4: Headache

Edmund couldn't help but gasp as his eyes snapped open, and he was confused to find it was still pitch black.

Why an earth had he woken in the middle of the night? And why had he gasped?

He lay there for a moment, before the pain in his head finally registered, and he groaned, bringing his hands up to his forehead and squeezing his eyes shut.

He didn't think he'd ever had a headache this bad before.

What he didn't get though, was why it just kept getting worse... so, so much worse.

After thirty seconds it was so bad that he found tears rolling slowly down his cheeks, and when he opened his eyes his vision was blurry.

This made him panick, and after another second or two he opened his mouth. "P - Peter." He whimpered, but even he could hardly hear his voice, so there was no way his brother would've heard it from where he was fast asleep across the room.

It wasn't long before he found himself sobbing into the pillows, his head feeling like it was about to explode... he didn't know how much longer he could cope.

But all of a sudden it just stopped. The pain completely disappeared, leaving him staring ahead of him, blinking in shock.

Swallowing hard and removing his hands from his head, he slowly sat up, and even though he was sat down, he had to grip the side of the bed to stop himself from falling over... why was he so dizzy?

His vision had began to blur again, and his heart picked up speed when it did.

He tried his hardest to stay sat up, and it somewhat worked, he must say he was leaning rather alot more to the right than he should've been.

He could hardly see by this point, and he once again tried calling out for his brother, but this time, no sound came from his mouth... no matter how hard he tried.

He felt well and truly sick now, and he felt like he was gonna pass out at any minute.

The last thing he saw before darkness consumed him, was a hooded figure stood at the end of his bed, a knife in one hand, and a small bottle in the other.

☆☆☆

Peter sighed a little as he stepped into the library, Susan and Lucy following slowly behind.

"Ed?" Peter called quietly. "Ed you in here?"

He frowned when there was no reply, and quickly began searching at every desk, behind ever bookcase and pile of pillows and in ever window seat... but he didn't find Edmund. "He - He's not here." He said, sounding shocked as he turned to face Susan and Lucy.

Lucy looked rather worried by this point, her blue eyes wide and full of unshed tears. "Well then where is he?" She asked, her voice shaking.

Peter took a deep breath. "I have no idea." He muttered. "But I will find him."

Susan nodded. "We'll split up." She said, trying not to panic. "Check a section of the castle each?"

Peter nodded in agreement. "Meet back here in fifteen minutes." He said firmly, and the worry in his voice didn't go lost on either of his sisters.

☆☆☆

Peter swallowed hard as he headed back towards the library... without his brother.

He only hoped Susan or Lucy had found him, otherwise he didn't know what he'd do.

His heart pounding, he opened the door and stepped inside, immediately spotting Lucy sat on a neaby sofa, fiddling with the edge of her sleeve.

"Is Susan not back yet?" Peter asked, sitting beside his little sister.

Lucy shook her head. "Not yet no." She murmered. "Do - Do you reckon she's found him?"

Peter sighed. "I really hope so." He whispered.

"Peter?" Lucy asked quietly after a moment or two.

"Yeah?" Peter replied, a small frown on his face as he glanced down at her.

"What - What if something has happened to Edmund?" Lucy choked, tears stinging her eyes.

Peter swallowed hard at the very thought, but shook his head slowly and wrapped his arms around Lucy. "Nothings going to of happened to him Lu." He murmered, trying to sound as positive as he could even though he didn't even believe himself.

"None of us know that though." Lucy whispered. "I - I'm scared Peter."

Peter took a deep breath... he wouldn't admit that he was scared too... scared for his brother, but he really, really was. "You don't need to be scared Lu." He said gently, placing a kiss to the top of her head. "I promise Edmund's gonna be fine."

Both their heads snapped up when the library door opened, and Peter's heart quite literally shattered when Susan stepped in... without Edmund.

"You - You didn't find him?" Lucy said, voice shaking.

Susan sighed and slowly walked over to join her siblings. "No." She murmered. "But I've got as many people searching as possible, and not just searching the castle, they've already started searching the woods."

Peter nodded slowly, before unwrapping his arm from around Lucy's shoulders and sitting up, running a hand through his hair. "I - I'm going to search for him too." He said slowly.

Susan nodded slowly. "We'll search the castle again." He said. "Double check, just in case."

Peter nodded. "If you find him, send word immediately." He said.

Susan nodded. "And you do the same." She said gently.

"I will." Peter said firmly, before sighing. "I - I can't lose him again." He choked, shaking his head slowly.

"You won't." Susan said softly. "None of us will, we will find him Peter, I promise."

Peter nodded and took a deep breath. "Of course we will." He choked, forcing back his tears. "Because I won't rest until we do."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡♤☆
Publishes for AMY, hope this answers a few of your questions...?👀😅