Chapter 4: Be prepared

Axel Alarm for school goes off and it wakes me up, I lay in bed trying to go back to sleep when I realized I didn't hear Axel getting up. He was always real loud in the morning when he was trying not to be. I slowly get out of my bed clearly upset because it's 5:30 in the morning and I don't have to be up until 6:00.  "Axel get up," I say going to knock on his door before opening it. He just rolled over on his side as I entered I noticed his laptop and a history book beside him. "Look Axel you really need to get up." I said and nudge him. He groans and finally sits up "I'm up" he said rubbing his face. "Finally" I said to him before leaving his room. I looked at the clock and decided their was no reason for me to go back to bed. 

      I walked into the kitchen and started to make a fresh cup of coffee and decide what to cook us for breakfast. I decided on eggs, beacon and toast for us to eat and I collect what I need. I start cooking the eggs and beacon when I hear the shower turn on. "Don't be to long in their Axe, I got breakfast cooking!" I shout to him. I shake my head and smiled as I flipped the beacon. Once everything was close to being finished I put the toast in the toaster. I hear the shower cut off right in time I think to myself as I had just finished cooking. I cut the stove off and turn around to grab some plates out the cabinet. I noticed written on the calendar in red was first game under todays date. Oh wow already I thought to myself I need to be there it's his first game I thought as I grabbed the plates. 

       Axel walks out from the hall putting on his shirt "Something smells good" he said as he pulled his shirt down. "Eggs, Beacon and toast for breakfast plus coffee" I said to him with a smile. He sat down at the table as I bring him a plate and then a cup of coffee before I sat down with my food. "So tonight's your first game of the season, are you excited?" I asked as I took a bite of my eggs. "Yea I am, starting as the tight end this season it's pretty cool" he said as he ate. "Do you have everything packed in your duffle, like plenty of water, and Gatorade for the afternoon?" I asked. "Yes mom" he said to me with a laugh. I chuckled softly at that, realizing I did sound a lot like our mom. "I just worry a lot about my baby brother" I say with a smile. "Well sis I think I'm the one who needs to do the worrying now" he said to me. 

       "No you don't I'll be safe with my new job those boys won't ever let nothing happen to me." I say as I start getting up as I had already finished my food. He just looked at me for a moment "still doesn't mean I can't worry" he responded. "Well we will both worry about each other how about that" I say as I put my plate away. "Well hurry up with your food so we can get you to school." I said with a soft smile. He hurries up and eats his food before getting up and putting his plate and cup in the sink. "Alright I'm going to grab my bag then meet you at the car" he told me. I nodded and grabbed my jacket, a small book bag, and my camera bag. I headed out the door to the car. Some reason I felt like I should stop at my dads car, it felt like I was being called to it. I placed my hand on the car softly I really needed to get the rest of the money together to get it fixed. Me and Axel have been saving up to fix this car so he can have it. 

       I hear the front door open and close which made me snap out of my thoughts.  "Hey are you okay?" Axel asked me and I nodded yes before heading to the Jeep. I smiled and tossed my stuff in the back so did Axel. I climb up and get in the driver seat as Axel climbed in the passenger seat. "I miss them to" Axel said as I back out of the drive way "Yea its been rough without them" I replied. Axel just looked out the window "You coming to the game tonight?" he finally asked. "Yes of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world" I say to him as I turn off our road and onto another one. After a while I pulled into the school parking lot and let Axel out. "See you tonight, have a good day" I say to him with a smile. "I'll try, see you tonight" he said grabbing his stuff out the back and putting my bags in the seat next to me. 

     I arrive at the Haunted Museum and park before getting out of my jeep and walking over to the other side to grab my bags out. I walk up to the door and knock before walking in. I shut the door behind me and walk into the Lobby. "Hey Braelynn" Zak said as he looked up from the counter with the boys. "Hey" Aaron and the other boys said. "Hi guys" I say back as I walked over to them. "We are just planning the next adventure" Billy said to me "Is that you call it" I chuckle nervously. "Don't tell me your scared already?" Aaron asked me. "No I'm not scared nervous is another thing" I laughed as I leaned on the counter. "Everyone nervous on their first day of the job." Zak said and rubbed my shoulder. I jumped back when he touched me "Oh I'm sorry" he said as he looked concerned. "No, no your fine" I say and sit up off the counter. "Where are we looking at" I asked softly. "Virginia City is one so far" Jay said. 

        We finished just in time for me to head to Axel high school for the football game. I grabbed my stuff and told everyone bye. I walked out of the building and was walking to my car before Zak ran out. "Hey" he called out and I turn around "Hi" I say with a smile. "Are you okay?" he asked walking up to me. I nodded my head yes before replying with "Why wouldn't I be". "I touched your shoulder and you jumped like you've been mistreated before" he said. "Oh that was nothing" I replied before turning back around to get in my vehicle and put my stuff in the other seat. "Braelynn me or these guys here would never hurt you or let anyone or anything hurt you" he said looking at me. "I know that Zak, I'm not worried." I said softly and start my Jeep. "I have to go, tonight Axel first game of the season, same time tomorrow?" I asked looking at him. "Yes, see you tomorrow" he said waving as he stepped back so I could drive off. 

       I pull in the school parking lot and park before cutting the jeep off. I locked the doors before I walk over to the ticket booth. "Good Afternoon" the lady said to me before looking up and realizing who I was. "Braelynn Clarkson is that you?" she asked as I slowly start to realize who she was. "Yes and you're Mrs. Wright, its so good to see you." I say to her. "Baby I haven't seen you in so long, I am so sorry for your parents passing" she said. "Thank you, Well I've been busy I just got a new job and you know my little brother is full time work." I joked. She laughed has she handed me the ticket. "Thank you, how much?" I asked and she shook her head "No darling this is on me baby" she said. "Thank you that's so kind" I replied  "Your welcome dear you keep up the good work" she told me "I will" I say before walking away. 

      I go to the bleachers to look for a seat when I hear someone calling for me. "Hey Brae!". I turn my head to the field to see Lizzie in her cheerleader's outfit waving to me. I walk over to the fence of the bleachers "Hey your looking good girl!" I say bending down a little over the fence to give her a high five. "Thanks, I hate to ask but can you give me a ride home, my dad wasn't feeling good today" she told me. "Of course I will." I say with a smile "Thank you, I'll see you after the game" she said before running back to the others. I walk up the bleachers and sit down on an empty stand when I see Jay walking over. "Well, Hey Jay" I say looking at him "Oh hey Braelynn" he said back. "Are you stalking me? is this part of the job?" I joked. He chuckled back "I was going to ask you the same thing, I'm hear for my cousin" he said pointing out to the field. "My brother is playing tight end" I say looking out at the field. "Mind if I sit with you then?" he asked "No not at all" I say allowing him to sit with me as we watched the game together.

The end

I hope you all enjoyed