1. Replaced

TW: Abusive Parents, Verbally Abusive, Yelling, Crying

Semi was competing with the new 1st year at this point. At every practice match they shared an equal amount of playing time, and it's like the coach was observing them when they did play.

Semi could admit that he was good, but Semi was better. Semi had been with the team longer so he knew how each team mate liked to be set to.

It pissed him off every time his enemy got a compliment on his sets. When the coach put him in after Semi made a mistake.

It became very clear though that the coach was starting to pick him over Semi. Slowly, Semi started getting less playing time. No one else noticed expect for Semi himself. He played for a set, Semi played for a set, then he played the last one. Then he played all 3 sets.

Then it was announced.

"Shirabu will be our official setter."

Those words broke Semi's heart.

'What point is there for playing?' He thought.

~

"Shirabu got chosen as the official setter, which means I'll be on the bench most of the time now..."

"You let that 1st year beat you?! Come on!! I did not raise a disappointment!! Tell me you're joking!!"

"You think I'm happy about this?!"

"I don't care about how you feel!! You should be way better then this!! Why aren't you..."

Semi began to ignore the words his mother said.

"I don't care about how you feel"

'Does anyone?'

"God Eita!!! Your father-"

"Don't tell him."

Semi and his father already weren't on good terms.

"I'm not going to. You will. At dinner. Then you'll understand why were so disappointed with you. Waste of a child."

"Yea, you know what, maybe I am a waste of a child." Semi said before leaving to his room and slamming his door shut.

Of course they forced him out of his room at dinner.
"Sweetheart go to your room." Semi's mother spoke to his little sister who nodded before leaving.

"Eita do you have something to say?"

"Shirabu is the official setter."

"Are you kidding?! You let that 1st year beat you?! How awful can you be?! We're you even trying?!"

"I was trying."

"THEN WHY ARENT YOU THE SETTER?!"

"WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I KMOW!!!"

"CLEARLY HE HAS SOMETHING YOU DONT!!! HOW ARE YOU EVER GONNA BE A SUCCESSFUL VOLLEYBALL PLAYER IF YOU ARENT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH TO BE PART OF STARTING IN HIGHSCHOOL?!"

"BEING A PROFESSIONAL VOLLEYBALL PLAYER IS YOUR DREAM NOT MINE!!!" Semi sighed before he looked up.
"It's always 'Semi be a volleyball player.' Have you guys ever thought about what I wanted to do?! NO YOU HAVEN'T CAUSE YOU WANT ME TO LIVE OUT THIS DREAM YOU GUYS NEVER COULD!!! MAYBE THAT MAKES YOU PATHETIC ASSHOLES!!"

"Do not speak to us that way!"

"ARE YOU A FUKCING IDIOT?! GOD I CANT STAND BEING HERE!!" Semi shouted before once again going to his room. He grabbed his headphones and phone and snuck out his window.

He walked alone simply listening to music. Tears were in his eyes as he walked.

He somehow found his way in the woods and found an old car. He looked at it and sudden anger hit him. He looked around for anything and conveniently found a baseball bat. He picked it up and swung it first for a test run.

He then swung it at the car yelling and crying. Letting his sadness and anger out.

"DAMNIT!!!" He yelled hitting it once again not caring how loud he was.
"I CANT DO ANYTHING!!" He swung again hitting the mirrors in the front off.

"I can't be a good son clearly!! What the hell can I do?! Be a fucking waste of air?!" He dropped the bat and kicked the car repeatedly.

"It's all your fukcing fault!!! EVERYTHING IS YOUR FAULT!!!"

He got ontop of the car before he started hitting the glass over and over. He continued hitting it as his knuckles started bleeding but he didn't care.

"I HATE YOU!!!!" He cried as he broke the window, the glass shattering under him.

He panted tired of all the screaming and crying. He looked at his hands which were bloody from the glass.

He just sobbed more.