to

Luna and Erlin rapidly closed in on their targets. Unfortunately, the angry swipes of the  Bears’ front paws were faster than their movements.

Swing!

Kwajeek!!

A single hit, and one Erlin shadow soldier was obliterated.

If it wasn’t a ‘shadow’ underneath the armours but an actual human being, that attack would surely have ripped him apart into several pieces.

‘Hmm…’

I frowned deeply.

‘As I thought, Erlin passive skill ' Voice of king' innate skill that grant Erlin summon his own Shadow soldier,   did I ask for too much?’

Whether it was their physical strength or their body sizes, these  Bears were difficult enemies for the Erlin shadow soldiers to fight against.

However, something quite surprising happened next.

‘Heok!’

My eyes opened wider.

The soldier with its chest torn open by the  Bear’s attack suddenly transformed into a clump of black smoke just before it fell to the ground.

Pooof!

The black smoke coagulated in a spot a couple of steps away and it reverted back to its original appearance.

‘Very good!’

My’s expression brightened up.

The ‘undeads’ – he remembered this crucial fact that he had unwittingly forgotten about until now.

The Bear became even more agitated than before after realising its attack was all for nothing, and it roared out loudly.

ROOOAR!!

And so, as the infantrymen bought time out in front,  me standing at the back had completed my spells.

"Meteor"

Boom!!

Kaboom!!

The balls of flames leaving the ends of my  hands exploded here, there, and everywhere. The shadow soldiers swept up in the explosions regenerated right away, but on the other hand, the Snow Bears could only roll around screaming in sheer pain and agony, as their bodies caught on fire.

Roooar!!

Growl!!

Meanwhile, the shadow soldiers didn’t waste time and swiftly approached the defenceless Bears, before stabbing down on them with their blades.

Stab!!

Staaaaab!!!

One by one, the triumphant and arrogant snow Bears were falling at the cooperative tactics of the shadow infantrymen and the magic soldiers.

‘Hiya….’

I continued to spectate on the proceedings with an expression filled with great interest and happiness.

Erlin infantrymen and their quick regenerative abilities; the magic soldiers and their superb firepower.

The overall combat prowess of the shadow soldiers had far exceeded his initial expectations.

Soon, the snow Bears were forced into retreat by the might of the shadow soldiers and were pushed back towards the entrance of the caves.

I was thinking that the end of the battle was drawing near, but then….