𝒪𝓃ℯ - 7 ℬ𝓇ℴ𝓉𝒽ℯ𝓇𝓈?!

Elianna's POV

"Sweetheart wake up!" My mom called from downstairs.

"Ok mom, I'm up!" I called back to her.

Today is officially the last day of 6th grade! I'm so excited the school year is finally over. I finally get a break from school work and of course, it's summer!

I head to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my hair.

My hair is naturally curly so I just leave it down it doesn't get too frizzy most of the time.

My mom usually says my hair is like Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Beauty and the Beast is our favorite movie to watch together.

My mom and I have always been super close to one another. This is mainly because we've always been on our own. I don't really know anything about my dad since whenever I tried to bring him up to my mom it would always upset her, so I thought there would be no reason in trying to bring the thought of my father up.

I head downstairs and I smell what smells like the amazing scent of pancakes. Ahhh my favorite!

"Good morning mom!" I say greeting my mom. She's dressed in her work clothes per usual. She works 3 jobs trying to keep us here in this tiny house we call home. I'm not complaining though I love our tiny little house it's homie. I do complain about the fact that, I feel like I barely see her since she's always so busy with work.

"Good morning sweetheart!" My mom greets me back. Her voice is always so warm and comforting. I told her she should be a therapist because of how comforting her voice is. She used to sing to me at night whenever I was sad or sick or if I just simply asked her. She has a beautiful singing voice.

"Mom the pancakes smell delicious. I can't wait to try some!" I say to my mom since most of the time when I'm ready for school she's already left for work. She rarely makes me breakfast, but today is a special occasion! It's the last day of 6th grade!

"Only for you sweetheart, but I have to go now! Hope you have a great last day of 6th grade! I love you to the moon and back!" My mom says grabbing her keys, and heading out the front door.

"Bye, mom! Hope you have a great day at work! I love you to the moon and back!" I say wishing my mom goodbye, and hoping she has a good day at work.

I finish up my pancakes. I clean my plate, and put it into the dishwasher. I head back upstairs to grab my school bag, and I start my walk to school. I almost always walk to school since my mom already has to be at work. It's nice though, it's only around an 8 minute walk, and it's quite peaceful.

We live in Florida so the weather is usually nice and warm. Except of course when it rains, but my mom bought me this pretty bright blue umbrella for my birthday quite some time ago. So whenever it rains I'm protected.

I finally arrive at school and head to my locker to put the books away that I don't need at the moment.

The day goes by pretty fast, I just finished lunch. I don't have many friends. I really only have one, her name is Becca. She loves to read, just like me. That's how we both met. On the first day of 6th grade we both had no one to sit with at lunch. We both went to the library and saw each other all alone in the library. We ate together and started talking. Since then we've been the best of friends.

Now it is third to last period I have math! Call me a nerd, but I absolutely love math! I'm really good at most school subjects, except gym most of the kids just try to throw balls at me to hurt me. The kids here are mean. They say that I'm poor and that I'm an orphan because I don't have a dad. It makes me upset, but I always come home and mom is always there with a smile on her face and she makes it all better.

*Ring*

I get interrupted from my thoughts when I hear a phone ringing. Mrs. McCarthy my math teacher goes up to answer the phone call. She ends the call and then comes to tells me I'm needed in the principals office and to take my things with me.

Oh no, I'm in trouble?!?! I never get in trouble! This can't be happening! A million thoughts swarm into my head all at once.

As I stand up all the kids ooo and ahh seeing as I'm the little nerd and yes, little. I'm also the shortest in the grade. I never get in trouble so everyone in the class is very amused with this.

I step out the classroom and head to the principals office. I see the principal and another man who is very well dressed. He looks like a million bucks compared to me. Who is he?

"Hi Elliana. Before you go thinking you are in trouble, I can inform you that you are infact not. Please, take a seat." My principal says with a slight chuckle in the beginning, but then ending the sentence looking sad.

"Ok." I say with no emotion.

"So of course you must be wondering why you are here.......there is no easy way to say this but unfortunately your mother passed away early this morning on her way to work." He says seriously, but also with sympathy in his voice.

I sit in the office chair wide eyed and in shock with my jaw dropped open. My mom. My protector. She's gone? She passed away? How is this happening she's supposed to grow old and help me through my first break up, and help me pick out a car, and come to my wedding, and meet her grandchildren. She's supposed to live for so many more years I can't believe this. No! I won't believe this.

As I'm consumed with my thoughts I notice a tear fall onto my lap. I'm crying. I'm crying for my mother who's dead? But she's not dead! She just can't be! She's alive this is has to be some cruel joke. If she really is dead that means I really am an orphan and all the other kids are right.

"I'm very sorry for your loss Elianna...." he wavers off and looks to the very well dressed man. "Um... and this here is your brother."

I quickly look up, wide eyed. My brother?! What? I don't have a brother.

"I'm sorry, sir, but you must be mistaken. I don't have a brother." I say to the principal with my sadness wavering.

"Your brothers have agreed to take custody of you. So you will be living with them for now on."

"Hi Elianna, I'm Nathan. I'm your second eldest brother."

"What do you mean second eldest brother?" I say with confusion written all across my face.

"Yes, your second eldest brother. You actually have 7 brothers in total." He says with a small genuine smile on his face.

I have 7 brothers?!?!

1232 words
Published 12/12/2020