Chapter 11 - You

Finally some semblance of romance? In the 11th chapter of MY fanfiction? More likely than you think. ;)
___________

He now joins you on your morning walks, walking side by side in the dewy morn. Weither you choose to talk to him, or comfortably stoll through the silence is irrelevant. That he joins you, spends this time with you, fills you with a warmth you can't quiet recognize. You've been able to pick up on his mannerisms and responses through this. The way he growls softly when a dew drop slips from a tree branch into him is somewhat...

Cute?

He seems to growl when things happen unexpectedly, like he's trying to intimidate whatever is causing it. But him growling at a tree or a single dew drop is quite funny to you. It's been a few days since you've had breakfast inside, opting to sit in the same spot and eat together. Enjoying the world around you.

This morning is different however, silently he leads you to the gardens. Away from the rose and sword, and into the most stunning garden you've ever seen. Dispite the time of year everything was fully bloomed, almost as if they had stayed that way when blanketed in snow. "This is.. impossible. These dont bloom until at least August..." you say, looking over a patch of Lillium Stargaze. "..like magic."

A familiar chuckle rises from his chest for a moment, as he stares down at your wonder. The memories of all his father did to make the garden perfect for his mother, though she never got to enjoy it. But here you are now, in full wonder at the love and dedication. He looks off into the countless sections of roses, and the few the held other flowers.

Your hand slips into his as you try to get him to come with you further in. He freezes. Oh god. Your hand was so small, so soft, so... easily broken. You're jolted to a stop when you feel him unmoving. Turning your head to look, your eyes catch. He wasnt expecting you to do this again, slip so softly into him like it was nothing. Like he isnt a beast. A monster. A being only able to destroy.

Everything didnt seem real, not this. Not you getting closer, your other hand placed on his chest while the other still held its grip on his hand. Not the sound of your voice, filled with genuine concern and want for his well being flowing from your tongue. "Vergil?" No honorifics, you saw the two of you as equals now? "Are you...Okay?"

His eyes were locked down on you, an unreadable expression within them. He steps back in almost a jerk, your hand being realised from the warmth of his and falling to your side. He looks you up and down before away. You push through, a smile still holding. You were getting somewhere, you'll get to where you'll need to be soon enough.
_______________

Hunched over on his bed, seething in pain. Countless nights he has to be like this, using and stretching the parts of him made useless by the people he once knew as comrades. Every time, like clockwork, he feels small again. Like it's the first night, alone, before he sent criminals here. The awful isolation, the smell of vomit and blood. How he cried out for his mother, knowing full well she had been gone.

No one will save him, no will help him.

Unbeknownst to him, his growls, clicks, and... whimpers echo through the halls. Drawing a familiar woman from her chambers, to his. You don't hesitate to push your way in, like before. There he is, in all his woe. Hunched over on his bed, wings spasming in pain. You can only imagine after being forced down and into clothing. Your bare feet make no sound on the cold flooring.

The weight of your body on the bed alerts him of your presence. "You will leave." He says, wings folding painfully back into their place. You rest against his back, in the space between his wings. Your arms sliding under the masses of crippled flesh, and around him the best you can. Your head resting against his rough, scaly skin. "I can't. I'm not going to leave you. You shouldn't be alone."

A growl. He cant intimidate you into running away, not anymore. You aren't the scared little girl you once were. You take a deep breath. "If you open yourself, things will change. You can get help." Theres another growl, but It wavers. Wavers in the way your voice does when you're about to cry.

You shift, placing your forehead against his back. Holding on for dear life. He wont hurt you, but you cant let go. You can't. "I know I cant mend you, I know I cant mend the broken parts back together." Your hand caresses his skin, so tenderly, as if you put to much pressure he would shatter. As if he is excruciatingly thin glass that rests in your hands.

You are so gentle with him, he shouldn't feel like this. He doesnt deserve this. Your so warm, careful, delicate. Delicate, like every word you say. "But If you let me in, I could help you make something new out of them." His body shakes. He's shaking. He isnt weak, but here he is, shaking in your arms like a child. "I'm not going to leave you. You arent going to be alone. Never again."

Why. Why do you feel the need to be so close to him? He could hurt you in the worst ways possible and yet... here you are. Curled against him, holding onto him as if your lives depended on it. Another warmth slides down his back, dripping down as his heat keeps them warm. Tears. Voice is soft, hushed. "There's nothing back there for me, like you once said, this. This is my home now. You-"

Hesitation, maybe this wasnt the right time to say this? Too fast maybe? He quivers in your arms, and for a moment... he's no longer a 9 feet tall Demon who at one point had you shaking just like this. This is different. Everything Is different. "You are my home now." It slips from your mouth like glass from the hands of a child. His shaking ceases and you try to tighten your sad excuse for a grasp on him. Repeating.

"You are my home now."

Everything seems frozen in that moment, frozen but so sweetly warm. Theres a loud cracking sigh as he slumps over onto his side, you quickly pulling your arm out from under him. Looking around the room, trying to figure out what to do, you see the duvet and sheets that have fallen to the floor. You slip from the bed and grab the heavy blanket, pulling it over his exhausted form.

You can't just leave him. He needs you.

You crawl over his legs and pull the blanket over the two of you, resting closely to his bare chest. "I will be right here." A whisper through the silence. One he most definitely heard. Sleep hit the both of you soon enough, unknowing of what you would wake up to.

When you woke, he was still there next to you, just as before. His arm draped protectively over you. Your hand finds it's way to his forearm, rubbing circles into it gently. He stirs in his sleep, a demonic face restless by what hides beneath those shut eyelids. Everything will be okay.
_______________

"Vergil." His eyes are glued on the book he desided to being along this morning. "Vergil!" As both your hand come to rest on his leg, propping you up, his eyes are now on you. "Are you going to answer my question?" His mouth opens, nothing passes through the fang like lips. You huff and your smile doesn't faid. "Were you not listening?" The book closes, his eyes shifting around for a bit. "No, I believe I wasnt. I apologize."

Something in your face softens, you sit back on your heels and look down at the grass, now dry in the spring warmth. "Its fine, it wasnt important." "It is if you felt the need to ask. Out with it." This time you have no idea what to say, your face burning warm. You shake your head no, you cant get the question out again. It took you enough bravery the first time around. Theres a more... playful growl from his chest. "You cant tell me?"

An onlooker watches from the windows, his face stone cold. Trying to figure out how to process this. You've only tried to escape once, and the Master has come to like you... yet doesnt let you go home. You walk around as if you've lived here your whole life, like you're safe here. He guesses you are now, because you're in the princes favor. A smile comes to his lips as he watches the two of you go on about a question you had asked.

Which puzzled him more. Why would a lovely maiden, such as yourself, want to spend the rest of your years eternally bound to a demon like the prince? With a shake of his head, he smiles. "Arkham! You said you'd help me with the laundry! Get. In. Here." A sigh. "Coming Anna."
____________
1551 words.
Guess who's Motivated!

Just a friendly reminder I have a (romance) V x reader AND a (non-romance, familial) Dante x teen! Reader out. I work harder on those then on this. So if you could go give at least one of those a read I'd really love that! Thank!