Chapter One: A Mix Up

It had been one year, eight months, twenty days, eighteen hours, twenty four minutes and fifty five seconds since Nicole had been fucked. Like really good, clawing at her partners back moaning so loud the neighbors thought someone might be dying, fucked. She had had a girlfriend since and a couple of one night stands with some cute boys but nothing that rocked her world.

She sighed and blew a stand of wavy, honey blonde hair away from her face where it immediately fell into her dark brown eyes. Ughhh life just had to hate her didn't it? Nicole swiveled her cheap ass office chair to face her computer. The completely unsexy essay she had written all of three lines of stared back, the line blinking at the end, expecting. It would have to wait though, her head was full of nothing but thirsty werewolves. If only she had been born a wolf, alpha, omega, beta, she didn't care which so long as she could make the excuse of being in heat instead of accepting the fact she was a thirsty hoe.

Her hand creeped slowly down her body.

A ping from the desktop brought Nicole out of her werewolf based fantasies. Annoyed, she clicked off the neglected document and pulled up her email. It was probably some stupid advertisement from a blog she had to use 3 years ago or something saying she needed to buy a new art tablet since she just bought one or worse of all, a spontaneous mandatory class meeting. She looked at the subject line, finger ready to put the message where it belonged, the trash can.

Your package has been delivered

Nicole's heart sped up and a large smile crossed her face. It. Was. Here. Today was going to be great after all.

Without changing out of her worn pajama pants or putting on socks before shoving her feet into her shoes, she left her small apartment and practically ran for the mail boxes down stairs. Hell yeah hell yeah. She ran her hand along the sickly off white wall of the staircase as she went, passing by other college students as she descended. A few gave her odd looks but most ignored her and went on their way. That was the beauty of college, everyone was so caught up in their own problems that they didn't have any fucks to spare for the fact someone else was in sweatpants and a too small tank top. On top of that, she was a fine arts major with a habit of touching her face, she'd run out of her apartment in sweats, an ill fitting tank and a face covered in paint smudges.

Nicole slammed into the push bar of the ground floor's door, and rushed out to the mailboxes. She fumbled in her pockets to fish out her keyring, barely paying attention to what or who was around her. Her fingers flipped quickly through the keys, parent's house, apartment, ex's apartment (oops forgot to give that back), car, key to her parent's house before the locks were changed... Ah! There it was! The mailbox key, the smallest but right now the most important. In front of her were the boxes, there was hers.

Key in the lock.

And there it was. In a nondescript, cardboard box all crammed up in there, dented from it's travel. She pulled it free and slammed the mailbox's door, without checking for any other letters or even if it had locked. Nicole's whole world for the next few hours was going to involve her and the contents. Spinning on her heels, Nicole rushed back for the door and-

"Ahh!"

She had run into something big and hard and furry. The package, her joy, was ripped from her hands by the impact of another object, both tumbling to the unswept floor below.

"Oh! I'm sorry." A deep throaty chuckle "Good thing neither of us are on the football team."

Nicole looked upwards and was hit with the most beautiful pair of eyes she had ever seen. They were heterochromic, one, the left, was a brilliant crystal blue full of intelligence. The other was of the deepest amber, like honey dripping and catching the sun in just the right way. Her artistic soul was aflutter, and she forgot about everything else in that moment other than committing the colors to memory so that she could capture them on paper or canvas as soon as she could.

"You... okay?" The voice attached to the eyes asked, ducking themself out of sight in order to pick up the fallen parcels.

"Oh uh, yeah totally. I just. Yep nope I'm 100% fine." Only then was Nicole brought back to real life and noticed that the eyes had belonged to. It was a werewolf, and one from a mutual class as well. She could always tell what phase of the moon was at that moment based on her wolf classmates. It was around half moon right now, she could tell from his form. The way his ears were slightly elongated and pointy, and his auburn hair was growing down his neck and back, peeking out of the black t-shirt he wore.

"Well that's good, you looked like a scared deer. Here." The eyes peeked up again and he gave a smile, his face still mostly humanoid aside from a mouth full of pointed teeth. Nicole took her now extra abused package from his large, hairy hand. "Have you done that essay for Photography yet? I'm trying to find someone to review mine but no one else has finished yet and I don't want them stealing my ideas."

Wow she didn't realize he was a massive nerd.

"Ah uh, no I haven't." Hers was waiting upstairs still expectant, but it would have to wait. The box in her arms was feeling heavier by the second and she was suddenly flushed with the knowledge of what it contained. The thing that would keep her photography essay waiting for a good long time.

"Aww, damn. That sucks." Oliver shifted his package under an arm. "Well when you do finish, we can exchange and review each others."

"Uh, yeah that sounds great."

Oliver beamed and Nicole noticed a small fluttering coming from behind him, a tail? She wasn't expecting such a big werewolf to be wagging a tail over something as dull as writing a paper. It was cute, in a dorky way. A smile crossed her lips and she looked back up to his face. Oliver wasn't traditionally hot or anything, his size wasn't from being overweight but it wasn't because he was bulging with muscles and completely ripped either. He was just... a large wolf and she appreciated it on an artistic level. Would it be weird to ask to draw him sometime?

Nicole watched his back as he left, admiring his form before a little nudge from the lizard part of her brain reminded her of her box and the thing she must do with the content within.

She trotted back towards her apartment, annoyed to hell and back that the elevator wasn't working. Walking up three flights of stairs was always a pain in the ass. She reminded herself it was better than being stuck in a box between two floors when already late for Drawing II class.

Box.

Nicole swiftly opened her front door, stepped in, and slammed it. After triple checking that all the locks were latched, she gently set her cargo on her table like it was a newborn puppy. What was the name again, there were so many, it was so great that they had names. Don, that was it. Nice. She pulled a chair up and sat down, staring at her prize.

"Hey, Don. Think I should change?"

The box, Don, did not reply.

"Ooooh, I like that idea." Nicole hummed and grabbed the box, pulling at the flaps and struggling with the tape holding it together.

Don was making an odd rattling sound inside. That... was unexpected but the attack on the cardboard continued. With a final rip, Nicole opened the box, the force of which caused protective air bags and... Don? To fly out.

That was not the shape of Don. Or any of the other objects Nicole had been debating on buying. Instead it was a rather large, white pill bottle. She retrieved it from the worn carpet, and turned it around to read the label.

Alpha Suppressants

This was very much the opposite of what she had ordered.