Chapter 4: Unexpected

It's been a few months since Haruto joined the Occult research club, though he didn't join in on any of the club activities. The reason being is that Haruto likes to spend most of his time alone focusing on himself, although he only joined so Katase could stop pestering him about joining a club.

However, something interesting happened when he was walking home after school he saw Kiba in front of his house's doorstep.

(Flashback)
'What on earth is Kiba doing at my house?' He thought. As he was pondering Kiba seeing Haruto run up to him. "Haruto, I know you're the only that can help the president right now."

Haruto stared blankly at Kiba "...huh?"

Kiba then explained to Haruto how Rias and her peerage took part in a rating game and lost. He also told him about Riser. Haruto clenched his fists, knowing how Rias would have to marry scum like that.

(Present Time)
Haruto was sitting on the bed together with Kiba, waiting for Grayfia to arrive to transport him. Couple minutes later a magic circle appeared and out came her.

"I'm guessing this is a guest you informed me about. Would you like to meet Sirzechs?"

"Yes. Thanks for understanding"

    (The Mansion of Riser Phoenix )

Rias sits down next to a young man in his early 20's with short blond hair and dark blue eyes.
His outfit consists of a burgundy blazer with gold embroidery on the right with matching pants and black dress shoes. Underneath his open blazer is a white dress shirt that is not fully buttoned (just one button short), giving a slight view to his chest.

"Is there anything you would like my dear Rias?"

"I would like you to stop talking, Riser." Rias said in a bitter tone.

"Don't be a sore loser now, dear. I won fair and square, and I think it's time for me to claim my prize." Riser leans in a little closer.

"Please wait until after the wedding, Riser."

"Of course, lord Sirzech. Speaking of the wedding, shall we continue on our plans for it." Riser said as he bobbed his head.

That's why I'm here.

"Right, So I suppose we are still having the wedding at your mansion?"

"That is correct. Riser:"

"Perfect! My maids will get everything ready in about.. "Riser looks at Rias."Does four days sound good to you, my dear?"

Rias gets up and walks away. "Do what you want. I couldn't care less about this wedding."

"You will soon, my darling. Riser looks back at Sirzech. "Now my lord. How about we discuss the- 

(Magic circle appears)

Out came Grayfia and Haruto

Sirzechs eyes widened when he saw Haruto.'No way could this be Haruto Kagayama'

...Heard that you're the one that wants to marry Rias.

"Yes, and you're disturbing the wedding. What do you want?"

"Well.." Haruto points at Riser with a smile on his face"

"I challenge you to rating game...Or something. And whoever's wins gets Rias and I want her peerage set free"

Riser chuckles "Hmph a rating game with Lord Riser that's bold of you. What faction are you from?"

Haruto stretches his arms and replied casually, "None, I'm just a human."

"..."

"..."

Silence filled the room until....

Riser suddenly burst out laughing until he could no longer so much everyone in the room could hear.

Haruto really didn't care. He just stared at the laughing Riser until his eye caught on to somebody that looked similar to Rias.

Haruto went and stood in front of the man. "You must be Rias, brother. How could you let your sister marry scum like this?"

Riser's eyes twitched when heard that statement.

"You're not a part of devil society...you wouldn't understand." Sirzechs said with a frown

"...Your right, I could never understand..." Haruto then looked at Sirzechs eye to eye with a menacing glare.

"...Why someone would want to destroy their own sister's freedom!"

"I'm tired of this! You come uninvited to Lord Riser's complex and insult the king Sirzechs himself. I will destroy you right here, you filthy hum-"

"That will be enough, Riser."

"Y-yes my lord"

Sirzechs then looked towards Haruto "I see. If Rias means that much to you to let's have the rating game."

Riser scoffed at Sirzechs. "But my lord you jest he's just a low class Mortal."

"Then that makes it all the more reason you could beat him. Or are you afraid of a human Riser"

"O-of course not my lord. I will torture this peasant until he's begging with an inch of his life!"

"Then so be it. You will In four days you will compete in rating game against Riser"

Riser was outraged, but more so confused. "But my lord only devils can participate in rating games."

"It's easy to bend the rules so that someone who isn't a devil can take part. Especially a human. Does everything sound good to you Haruto Kagayma" Sirzechs said

"Yeah, thanks I guess..." although Haruto agreed with the terms one thought kept lingering in his mind. 'How does this guy know my name I didn't even tell him'

"Now go and return in four days." Sirzechs announces

Rias suddenly appeared in the conversation. "Brother, I would like to speak to Haruto.

"Very well, go ahead..."

"...I want to speak with him alone."

Riser interrupted. "Absolutely not! He-"

Sirzechs put a hand in front of Riser to stop him."It's ok Riser. We can instantly tell if they try to leave with Rias. Come with me, we can discuss more of our plans."

(Present)

Rias walks down the stairs and up to Haruto.

"Haruto It was unexpected for you to come here... but why? You barely even came to the club. I thought you really didn't want to be involved with all this devil stuff" Rias said as tears fell down her eyes.

"Why you ask..because why not?" Haruto said with a smile.

"I know you're indeed powerful Haruto but...me and my whole peerage fought Risers team and still lost. What do you think is going to happen when you show up to fight Riser the strongest. He can also kill you if he desires. All rating game deaths are considered accidents."

"Don't worry, Rias, I will not die. Believe in me...believe in you that believes in me"

Rias had a confused look on her face.
"What's that mean...well it dont matter I know you mean well Haruto. Thank you." Rias then gave Haruto a smile of Gratitude

--------------‐---------

(General P.O.V)

Sirzechs stood next to his Queen Grayfia.

"It's him isnt it?" Sirzechs asked with a smile.

"Yes, lord it's Haruto Kagayama, the strongest human to ever live" Grayfia also said with a smirk on her face.

"Who would've thought I would meet him after all these years. After I witnessed his battle with Retsu at the Zenkai tournament, I would've brought him into my peerage, but he went rogue."

"Is that why you let him battle Riser, because you know he was the real Haruto Kagayama?"

"Yes, of course. If it was just any other ordinary human, I wouldn't allow such a thing, but because it was him specifically, I allowed it. "

'Now Kagayama let's how much stronger you've become, '