𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝐺𝑅𝑂𝑉𝐸

THE GROUP FOUND SHELTER UNDER A BRIDGE, CAROL WAS ASSIGNED FIRST WATCH

"Daryl taught you a lot?" Carol asks Mel who sets the trap for walkers around them. "I seen you shoot."

"Yeah, and the Girl Scouts did too." Mel says. "He's taught me how to hunt, I can somewhat track." She smiles.

"Good." Carol says.

"It's good you came back." Mel says. "Mica needs you." Carol nods and Mel chooses where to sleep at, and she covers herself with the shawl. Mica joins her side asking her for some, and she gives it to the younger girl, who lays next to her and covers Mel. It makes her smile, It's something Frank would do.

THE NEXT MORNING IN THE FORREST, ON THE TRAIN TRACKS, LIZZIE AND CAROL LOOK for tree sap to treat Tyreese's injury.

Lizzie says, "Found some."

Carol says, "There you go. Good job." Carol tend to Tyreese's arm and on the tracks, Mica holds Judith, swaying her back and fourth. Lizzie and Mel keep watch for any walker.

Tyreese says, "Ow."

Carol asks, "It hurts, right?"

Tyreese admits, "Oh, yeah. It hurts."

"This will fight the infection. Might even bring down your fever." Carol wraps his hand.

Tyreese asks, "What do you think? Three days out? Four days?"

Carol says, "We haven't seen any of those maps at the crossings. I'm not sure."

Tyreese says, "Lizzie's tough. Mel can holds her own, she knows how to hunt."

Carol says, "When it comes to people."

"What do you mean?" Tyreese asks.

"You haven't seen it? How she's confused about them, the walkers. She doesn't see what they are. She thinks they're just different." Carol informs them as they see the girls.

Tyreese asks, "Mica the same way?"

"No, she's worse. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body. Mel's like her mother, she might actually make it in this world." Carol says. The girl from the Atalanta camp changed, grew up. Part of her thinks it's because she grew up being comfortable with weapons, from what Anastasia and the kids talked about. Anastasia's husband had guns in their home, and made sure Anastasia and the two oldest knew how to use them.

THE GROUP WALKS ON THE TRAIN TRACKS, CAROL IS CARRYING JUDITH, LEADING them, the three girls between them and Tyreese in the back.

"Did "Tom Sawyer" have a happy ending? We never got to finish it." Mica asks.

Carol explains, "Well, Tom and Huck, they stop Injun Joe and his partner and wind up getting all his gold."

Mica asks, "So they wind up rich?"