Chapter 7

Tristan's POV

Sliding into the booth next to her I try and discreetly hide the semi that formed during my little minx show of affection. "So I'm your boyfriend now huh?" I ask with a knowing smirk on my lips.
"Uh well um you— I mean I — fuck. I'm sorry Tris, I don't know what came over me. Seeing her touching you, it just set something off in me. I didn't mean to make you feel uncom—"

"No. Stop T, you definitely didn't make me uncomfortable. I love kissing you, and feeling you up against my body and this is something we are going to have to discuss and figure out as well. But for now, let's focus on the bigger stuff that the Moon Goddess told us okay?" Grabbing her hands in mine and looking straight into those deep, gorgeous blue eyes of hers. Not able to hold myself back, I lean forward and press a soft kiss to those addicting lips of hers. "I love you Mara. No matter what, you never need to worry about scaring me away or losing me. I'm right here, and that's where I will stay. I could never hurt you much less leave you. You're the most important person in my life and that will not ever change. Okay?"
"Okay Tris." She whispered, ducking her head, obviously trying to hide the beautiful blush forming on her cheeks. Trying to ignore the roaring heat coming from down south I switched the subject back to the matter at hand.
"So do you want to start explaining what happened yesterday? Or do I go first?"
Sighing she looked up at me, searching my face she replied, "I think you should go first so I know what she has already explained to you."
"Alright, well obviously she told me that Charles isn't actually our father. Which to me is honestly a relief. I don't ever want to be associated with that disgusting bastard." Taking a deep breath and rubbing my hand down my face I carried on, "She also told me that when we get to the new town that the people at school will be able to direct us to our real dad. She said if we didn't find him before our birthday we could both die."
"Well then I guess that's the first thing we will have to do when we get to town. We will go to school and try and figure out if anyone knows of some guy that lost his mate." She replied sarcastically. C'mon Tris, if we start spewing that sort of shit out then everyone will think we are crazy."
Rolling my eyes at her I crossed my arms, "No Tamara we will ask if anyone knows where we can find Maximus Woodbrook." I reply feeling smug.
"She told you his name? What else did she say? Did she tell you that he doesn't know we exist? How will he believe us when we say we are his long lost kids? God this is going to be so hard." Seeing tears well up in her eyes I put my arm around her shoulders. Squeezing her close to me I figured I should carry on.
"Well that's another thing we—"
Hearing someone clear their throat I look up, seeing a older lady standing there with her hands full I jump up to help.
"Sorry ma'am I didn't see you coming. Here let me help." I say grabbing the plates off the tray making sure not to make her lose balance of the coffees before I turn back for those as well.
"Thank you, now I heard that you would like to speak to the manager round here? My name is Martha, I'm the owner of the joint how may I help ya?" Hearing the slight twang in her voice and seeing the kind smile on her face I look down at Mara to see if she wanted to explain.
Clearing her throat Mara sat up straight "I'm sorry to be such a bother ma'am, it's just I was sitting here waiting for Tristan to come back from the car and your other waitress, I'm not sure of her name. She came up and asked for my order, I ordered for both of us and she started calling me fat and ugly. Tristan came up during the conversation and once she saw him she started rubbing up on him and it just made us both very uncomfortable. I'm very sorry for being a burden on you ma'am." She rambled pulling at her fingers the way I know she does when she's nervous. Grabbing her hand, I turn back towards Martha "We don't mean to cause any trouble for you ma'am-"
"Nonsense! You have no reason to be apologizing to me kids, that was most likely Haley, I'm very sorry for her. I will not let her get away with this. Breakfast is on the house today kids! And I'll be back with some pie for you as well!"
"Oh it's okay ma'am, there's no need to go through all that trouble for us." T pipped in shaking her head. She always did hate feeling as though she was taking advantage of people.
"It's my pleasure to help such a beautiful couple, now if you'll excuse me I have a dramatic witch to deal with." Winking at us she strode straight to the front counter where that 'Haley' waitress was lounging smacking her gum. Feeling my cheeks warm slightly I scratched the back of me neck before grabbing my coffee cup and pouring the necessary cream in sugar in. Nudging Mara I pointed my head towards the front counter where Martha was ranting, you could practically see the steam coming out of Haley's ears as she turned towards us glaring. Everyone was staring as Haley looked right at Tamara before she said, "WHAT? I'm getting fired because of that slut?"
Getting ready to stand up and deal with her myself, Tamara pulled me back down before standing herself and walking over to her.
"Excuse me, I have only been with one person in my life in the way you are suggesting and it was most definitely not my choice. You don't get to go around judging people and calling people sluts when you don't know what they have gone through. You do not know me so don't go pointing fingers at me just because you are ashamed of yourself. You just have to grow up and start thinking of other people and not just yourself." Turning around and walking back to me I'm sure my jaw is on the floor. Trying to compose myself, I stand up and pull T against my chest.
"I'm so proud of you love. You are such a strong person." I whisper in her ear before pulling back and kissing her forehead before directing her back to her seat.

Tamara's POV

Feeling extremely proud of myself I look into my brothers eyes, "Wow, I can't believe I just did that." Feeling a little breathless I lean forward and kiss him on the cheek, "Thank you for being my biggest supporter Tris. Now what were you saying before?"
"Umm right uhh shit sorry, that was just so damn hot I'm a little flustered." He stuttered. Taking a deep breath he took a deep breathe before looking right at me, making me feel like he's staring into my soul. "Right the Moon Goddess, well she said that all we have to do is show Maximus our birth marks and he will understand and will explain what it means to be a werewolf." He told me in a hushed voice, looking around to make sure no one heard.
Nodding my head I turn back to my food and start eating, "Well I guess we should finish up and head back to the house so we can pack. Hopefully we can get out of town faster."
"Let's hope so love, then we can really get our life started the right way." With twinkling eyes Tris grabbed my hand and used the other to shove his face like the animal he is.
"God your eating like a pig Tris!" Giggling I nudged him with my shoulder so he knows I'm just bugging him.
Finishing chewing what was in his mouth he turned towards me and put a sloppy kiss on my cheek. "You love my piggish ways though." Looking all smug I figured I should try and knock him down a peg, "I don't know Tris, maybe you're to gross for me." Sticking out my tongue I moved so I am sitting with about a foot of space between us.
Holding his hand to his heart he started pouting, "No Mara! Don't do this!" Wiggling his eyebrows he pulls me closer to him, "Sorry babe, you can't get away from me."
Raising my eyebrow I looked him straight in the eyes before bluntly stating, "Watch Me." Before standing up and rushing out to the car giggling the whole way. Locking all the doors I leaned back and waited for him to find his wait to the car. Trying to open the door I stuck my tongue out and yelled, "See ya soon baby!" Before backing out and driving forward.                                      Looking in the rear view mirror I saw him standing there with his mouth hanging open, switching the car into reverse I sped back to where he was still standing. Unlocking the car and rolling down the window, "I'm just kidding Tris, get your cute little ass in this car!"