Chapter 8

Tamara's POV

Once Tristan got in the car I started off towards the highway. Passing all of the farms lining the side of the road I started to remember all of the times from before. Before everything went down hill, before everyone started hating me. Before, when Trishana and I were still on okay terms. Before that asshole ruined me.

Two summers ago everything was good. Not perfect but definitely a better time. I remember being happy and sneaking into the Prengfields corn fields in the middle of the night with Tristan and all of his jock friends and my dance team. We all had a few drinks and played man hunt in the corn fields. Or when my girls and I won the dance competition at the end of that school year. Everything was different back then. My girls and I would spend everyday after school together and every weekend we would have slumber parties staying up all night gossiping about everything and anything. I miss them, especially Ashlee.
Ashlee and I used to be inseparable, never seen without the other. After the incident she dropped me like I meant nothing. How can someone you thought would be there for you always, just flip a switch and hate you completely in less than 24 hours?

"Tamara, are you okay Love?" I hear as I break out of my spiraling thoughts.
"Huh? Sorry what was that?"
"I said, are you okay? You have been so quiet and you're crying."
Wiping my tears I look towards Tristan before turning back to the road.
"Yeah I'm fine, sorry for worrying you." I say in a dull voice.
"C'mon Mara, you know you can talk to me. What's got you upset?"
"I was just thinking about before. Like the time in the corn fields, or dance. I just miss it Tris. I miss Ash, even though she completely ruined me. I just can't understand how she can just stop caring so quickly ya know?"
"Yeah, I remember those times. You always had a beautiful sparkle in your eye and your smile could light up an entire room." Sighing he reached over and grabbed my hand, "honestly Mara, I promise you will have that again. This new place, we will make it a home. I talked to Mom the other night after we got back from your special spot. Trishana is going to be going to a different school than us in the new town. You and I, we are going to start over. Make new friends, and find our dad. No one is going to know about what happened and we can reinvent ourselves. You can join the dance team at the new school if you want. Everything is going to get better okay? And I will be there with you the whole time. I promise."
"You really believe that? You think we can just start over?"
"I really do Mara, everything is going to be different. I'm not going to leave your side, I'll kick anyone's ass that looks at you the wrong way. That's a promise babe." He replayed with a wink.
Giggling I reach over and grab his hand, "it's gonna be you and I against we world Tris. I love you, thank you for being my rock."
"Always." Squeezing my hand gently, we return to our quiet state.
Honestly, I'm worried about the move but more than that, I'm excited. I can't wait to get away from here. Start out somewhere new, somewhere that I can be myself again. Making new friends is definitely not going to be easy but I think that as long as I have Tristan by my side, everything will be perfect.

Pulling into the driveway, I looked up at the house I have always called home. We have lived in this house for our whole lives. Even just thinking about all the good and bad times I have had in this house growing up is hard. There is loads of good memories between Tristan and I but honestly, if I try and think of any good memories here with mom or Charles or even Trishana I come up empty. I know that there are some good memories with them but they are few and far between when it comes to mom and Charles. At least with Trishana i know that there are some from before the incident but absolutely none since it. It's been so long since I have been on even slightly good terms with her. "Hey Tris?" I ask quietly.

"Yeah Love? Whatcha thinking?" he answers back just as softly.

"What happens when we find Maximus? Do we move in with him? Do we tell mom we know that Charles isn't our father? I don't think that I can act like everything is normal with Charles. I mean, the Moon Goddess did say that she does not think he knows we aren't his kids but at the same time, we look nothing like him and we don't look much like mom either. Also, if he doesn't know then why does he treat us so much different than Trishana?" I spend out all in one breath.

"Honestly T, I don't think I can fake it with him either. If either mom or Charles get mad at you for calling him by his first name when we get inside than we will mention it. If they don't say anything then we will wait till we are in the new place so that it's not so awkward and strained around the house while we are stuck her packing okay? And when it comes down to living with Maximus I suppose it  would be mainly up to him and what he believes will be the best option for us. Especially because he has no idea that he even has kids. Also because the Mood Goddess had said he will have a lot to teach us about who we are and what we are capable of.

"I guess that makes sense. Would you be okay moving away from mom and Trishana though? I know you hate Charles as much as I do, but you do get along with mon and Trisha sometimes, unlike me."

"Well i'd like to think that it would be hard, or upsetting because that would be a normal reaction. If i'm being completely honest with you though, I don't think i'd be too upset about it. Ever since-- you know what, it doesn't matter, living with them, ALL of them, just seems to cause pain and stress. If we happen to be lucky enough to have a good relationship with Maximus qnd he wants to have us live with him, I say we go for it. Fuck whatever mom says, cause we both know that she will fight it and try to make us stay."

"Make you stay, you mean. You know she will be happy to see me gone. I'm honestly surprised that she hasn't kicked me out yet. But yeah, I get where you are coming from." I responded trying not to think about the incident that he almost mentioned. "Well lets go inside and get this packing over with.

Walking into the house, I noticed that it is overly quiet and there doesn't seem to be anymore boxes than there were when we left.

"Mom?! We are back!" Tris yelled. Hearing no response I shrugged it off and walked into the kitchen to grab a drink. Opening the cupboard I noticed that nothing is packed, looking around the kitchen I see a sheet of paper sitting on the island. "Hey Tris, can you read that?" Pointing at the paper, "it's probably a note from mom." I state, rolling my eyes.

"Sure T," he replied, picking it up. "It says, I'm sure by now you have noticed that no one is home.. no shit ugh what a bitch, anyways, We decided to head out to the new town to get settled in. Finish packing up the house. The movers will be showing up around 3pm, make sure everything is in the boxes that are in the garage. The movers will put everything into their truck so all you have to do is pack everything in the house up NEATLY and safely so nothing gets broken. If anything breaks, you will be the one paying for it to be replaced. If it is not neatly in the boxes then you will be grounded. I'm talking to you Tamara. Once you finish, you can either stay the night there in town or make your way to the new house. The address is, 1234 Williser RD Roche Point. -- Mom and Dad

 (Address doesn't exist as far as I am aware.)

Knowing that I am about to explode, I storm out of the room and go out the back door. Breaking into a sprint I run into the back shed that Tristan and I converted into a weight room after the incident for just this reason. Stalking up to the punching bag in the corner I start wailing on it, not even stopping to think about putting tape on my hands. It has to be at least 20 minutes that I have spent punching and kicking it, screaming out in frustration not noticing Tristan came in behind me watching to make sure I don't permanently harm myself in the process of calming down. Once the bag ripped open, I turned around getting a fright when I realized that Tristan was standing behind me waiting for me to finish.

"You good love? Feeling better?" He asked, pulling me into his arms. Seeing the little smirk resting on his face, I leaned towards him having my lips close enough to brush against his as I responded. "Mmm as long as I am in your arms I feel perfect." Feeling his little soldier come to attention I pull away, rolling my eyes with a small smile on my face. "Well lets get to work packing so we can head to a hotel and have a nice relaxing night alone together." With that statement I wink at him before turning around and walking back towards the house, making sure I have a sensual swing to my hips. Turning around I saw him standing there looking stunned with his mouth hanging open.