Chapter Twenty-One-"And the Vampires came to mourn falsely".

London Cemetery;

London, England;

April 7, 1888

Jacob Jolsky 43, mourned his parents Rudolph and Kathy, (as they were known in England). He wore a black colored suit, black tie, black breeches, black socks, and black boots.

       He knelt down by their stone graves in the his dead parents...Then made the sign of the Cross. Then he prayed in Latin.

        "Pater noster, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur Nomen tuum...Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra...Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris... Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo", ("Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil").

****

"It seems to me that Latin is out of favor", said Countessa Evelyn Marchant. She smiled at Jacob, as her long, black gown glided towards Jacob.

              "My parents were good people...They came to England to enjoy their final years", Jacob said, as frowned.

               "Indeed. You seem to not know me...Thus address me...formally...My name is Countessa Evelyn Marchant...I do not know you", she said.

              "I am Count Jacob Jolsky. I changed my name because noone in England could pronounce my name...Same as Father and Mother when they arrived from Vienna", said Jacob. He shivered.

               "Oui. I am from Hungary", the Countessa said.

                Jacob stared at the regal woman and blushed.

                He noticed she was very pale.

               "Are you feeling fine M'Countessa?", asked Jacob.

              "Aye...Just need to feed myself soon...I think you can work for me. You see, I need a new servant for me", the Countessa's boots thudded to the ground...

              ...As she saw the moon glow as the beginnings of the cold evening made her smile. Jacob was cold.

                "Maybe you'd like to keep warm, ja", said the Countessa.

                 "Aye...I was going to my Inn...", Jacob begun.

                  "You'll come with...me!", said the Countessa.

                   "As you wish M'Countessa", Jacob said, and followed her towards the black colored Carriage.

****

Page 29