Chapter 1

The sun met the young girl's face through the kitchen window. The warmness comforted her, making her close her eyes and lips form into a smile. The sound of water flowing and birds chirping added on to her sereneness. She was at peace.

Laughter and voices ended her small moment, but she wasn't upset. Instead, she felt happier when she heard them. "Mom!" Luke yelled as he ran through the wide-open door, through the roomy dining room, and into the kitchen. Squatting down, the small boy ran in her arms, while Anakin walked in with Leia propped up on his arm.

She picked Luke up and sat her arm on her hip. He sat on her arm and held onto her shirt and laid his head against her chest. He still had sand in his hair from the beach, like his father.

The girl smiled at her family. She looked out the window and watched the familiar lake glisten in the sunlight of Naboo. The green mountains that ran behind it seemed to have sparkled too.

Y/n adjusted her eyes, meeting Anakin's. His hair was messy and wet. Giving her a grin, she returned one to him with joy and pride. Y/n looked at her and Anakin's children. They resembled her and Anakin so much.

Y/n asked her husband, "Do you remember?" He gave her a comforted look, "Of course I remember." The young and happy couple watched their family. Anakin smiled at Leia and fixed her buns on the sides of her head, "I even told you. It was only a dream."

Darth Kreia jolted upwards from her bed, feeling the frigid air from space even under the covers of her lonely bed. Taking a deep breath, she placed her head in her hands and rubbed her cheeks and eyes as she let go.

Another day.

She reminded herself of the countless of times she had that same dream ever since Kreia was truly born- when her family died. It was a dream that tormented her, one that made her hate herself even more. A dream that made her miss her late husband and children so much more, even though she wanted to forget them and continue on with her new life and stop her suffering, but she never could, not for the last 8 years.