mystical muscular morons ( 2)

1,938 Words

Annabeth's POV:

Percy grabs my hand and flashbacks from torturous flood my mind as the searing hot light burns my eyes.

.

.

.

.

Percy, let me go" I croaked. "You can't pull me up." His face was white with effort. I could see in his eyes that he knew it was hopeless. "Never," he said. He looked up at Nico, fifteen feet above. "The other side, Nico! We'll see you there. Understand?" Nico's eyes widened. "But-" "Lead them!" Percy shouted. "Promise me!" "I-I will." Below them, the voice laughed in the darkness. Sacrifices. Beautiful sacrifices to wake the goddess. 

Percy tightened his grip on my wrist. His face was gaunt, scraped and bloody, his hair dusted with cobwebs, but when he locked eyes with me, and I had thought he had never looked more handsome. "We're staying together," he promised. "You're not getting away from me. Never again."

Only then did I understand what would happen. A one-way trip. A very hard fall. "As long as we're together," I said.

I heard Nico and Hazel still screaming for help. I saw sunlight far, far above- maybe the last sunlight I would ever see. Then Percy let go of his ledge, and together, holding hands, we fell into the endless darkness

.

.

.

.

.

The light fades and I find myself in a cafeteria of a high school as it seemed. Looking around me, I see Percy sitting next to me, still, a little dazed but never faltering in his griping on my hand. "Where are we?" Leo asked from across the lunch table we were sitting at. I look around once more and notice that the tables were arranged in rows. Our table all wore grey roves that loosely fit the wearer. I notice a girl with blond hair, a long nose, and a thin structure. We lock eyes. Her grey-blue eyes piercing mine. I have only ever seen those eyes in a child of Athena. Could she be? We brake eye contact by Percy waving his hand in front of my face, "Wise girl? You in there? Where are we? And why is everybody dressed the same" he questions. "I don't know Percy" is all I can say, I look over at my friends, I see Leo, Thalia, Percy and Nico. 'Interesting...' I think. "Gods Damn it, Zeus! What did you do!" Nico half yells quietly, at the sky, not wanting to bring attention to us. The sky rumbles with thunder. Thalia sighs in defeat "well we're here now, so we need to work out WHERE we are. We don't need to be attacked by monsters with no understanding of our surroundings." She advises, her instincts kicking in. We nod in agreement. Once more I look around, I see the girl talking to a boy that resembles herself, they must be brother and sister I think. I then look at the cafeteria. It has dull grey laminate walls and slippery wight tiles. Makeshift tables line the room in neat rows. A buffet is on one end of the room and the other has what looks like a makeshift stage, and a microphone placed in the centre. A woman in an all-blue suit walks onto the stage and taps the microphone. "Hello. As you know, today is your aptitude test." The women start's off "your aptitude test tells you where you belong, which faction you best suit. Of course, you are allowed to make a conscious deception your self, based on where you wish to spend the rest of your life as an active citizen. You will each be called up in groups of six, and then separated into separate rooms were your test administrator will be waiting. Everyone should know what factions there are, amity the kind, Candor the honest, Dauntless the brave, Erudite the smart and Abnegation the selfless" She continues, pride shining through as she talks about erudite, I presume her faction. "You will go through your test and you will be told your faction, you will return here, to the cafeteria, and then after everyone has had there test administrated you may leave. And tomorrow you will go to the choosing ceremony, where you will choose your faction and join them, leaving your families and starting a life of your own which begins in your factions initiation. As they say 'faction before blood'. May the tests begin." As she Finnishes another person, this one in grey hands the women a list. 'At least know I sort of know whats going on' I think to myself.