🌸Chapter Four🌸

"Is Mei here?"

Everyone in the classroom paused what they were doing to stare at the guy standing in front of their homeroom door, trying to register what he just said.

Wait, isn't that Rui? Looking for a girl? And Mei of all people?!

"Mei?" the guy Rui was talking to cocked his head.

She was that one person in school that nobody talked to. She was always alone, quiet, and usually kept to herself. Sometimes you have to see her to remember her existence.

So why was the most popular guy in their school, looking for this loner?!

Mei stood up, and everyone shifted their attention towards her.

Ignoring the odd looks she was receiving, she briskly walked towards the front, only to be greeted by Rui's warm smile. He was blinding.

"Hey."

"Hi." From her back, she could feel the stares of everyone boring holes at the back of her uniform. She could feel her stomach twist into knots. They were monitoring them, listening to their every word, trying to figure out what was going on between the two of them. She could feel her face heat from embarrassment. Rui, didn't seem to notice or care.

"Should we go eat already?"

Eh?! They were eating lunch together?! A murmur rose from the crowd, as a gossip sparked among those witnessing this occasion. One that would surely reach the whole school in no time.

"Let's go?" He was about to reach for her hand, when she flinched and slapped his hand away. Somebody in the room gasped.

This absolute loner just rejected the princes' hand!

Rui blinked, a questioning look on his face. He didn't look annoyed at what she had done, in fact, he looked very amused.

"Let's go," Mei half-whispered, as she sped past him, and he followed. Then they were gone, leaving everyone in the classroom reeling over what had happened.

Eh?!

.

.

.

.

"Mei, slow down!"

She did not slow down, and kept her brisk pace creating a short distance between the two of them. They were already out of school grounds, out of sight, walking along cheap restaurants that lined along the busy streets, which catered to the students in their school.

And yet, this did not help her calm down in the slightest bit. Her mind was whirling of thoughts about how this was going to happen.

This was stupid idea. Asking a guy to be her pretend boyfriend for a book!? Yeah, the concept sounded great in her head, but the execution is...difficult to say the least.

How does one act like a couple? Is she even a good girlfriend? What did she know about this guy she's "dating?" What if he was a serial killer?

Yeah, she did not think this through. What was even more stupid was that the guy agreed to it.

Oddly, they seem to match in that area.

Oh well, there were pros too. She wasn't as alone as she used to be.

Rui sighed, stopping in his steps. It was clear that she wasn't listening, probably lost in that crazy head of hers. He smirked, an evil plan forming on his mind.

"Baby, wait for me," he called out, his voice sickly sweet. Mei shuddered, as she felt shivers on her spine and stopped. Rui unhurriedly caught up to her side, only to see her face which was a burning red. He chuckled.